2024-25 Kraken Roster discussion

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I wasn't sure which response emoji to use - I was 75% laughing and 75% horror.
I hope he has a year similar to last year and as a result gets 50 starts.

You know, if you had said 50% and 50%, you would not have been responsible for my brain overheating and almost shorting out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bear of Bad News

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Seems like quite a few people chose Daccord in fantasy.

For all of those… we won’t know until morning skate. Well, I won’t know at all since I don’t have any modern social media accounts.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Yep. He is there on the ice with a C

Probably gets traded at the TDL after receiving the C...
giphy.webp

Reactions: Quackenator

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This stat surprised me a little, though it shouldn't have. Daccord started 46 games last year for the Kraken.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
wow that is a lot of trust in a goalie who has not proven out yet
He has proven a lot more than Gru has. I do think Gru has just forced management's hand. I doubt they wanted to give another "expensive" goalie contract out but its not that they have many choices. With Daccord's contract, I would not be shocked if we see a Gru buyout next offseason.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I like it a lot.

When I first started watching hockey, the norm was 30+ year old goalies. So five years sounds reasonable to me as he is unlikely to age like a forward. And if the Kraken waited a year, and he put up the numbers he did last year, he would be a lot more expensive (see Shesterkin). I also like how it signals that the team is finally ready to move on from the Gru era.

Last edited:

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I like D'Accord but 5x5 for a 28 year old(who will be 29 once the deal kicks in) goalie with one full NHL season under his belt?

Hopefully he can keep it up.
I wonder if they anticipate the goal tender market heating up and wanted to get it done before it does? It's risky if his form drops but could be beneficial if the market does rocket.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I wonder if they anticipate the goal tender market heating up and wanted to get it done before it does? It's risky if his form drops but could be beneficial if the market does rocket.
That plus the last game. And the last 3 seasons minus the playoff run. I can't believe the organization has much confidence in Gru as our #1 G.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
5 million for D'Accord? This team is nuts with big contracts lately. I suppose they plan to rely on a lot of entry level deals coming up in the next few years but this is another overpay imo.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
wow that is a lot of trust in a goalie who has not proven out yet

5 million for D'Accord? This team is nuts with big contracts lately. I suppose they plan to rely on a lot of entry level deals coming up in the next few years but this is another overpay imo.

lol what? The guy was 6th in the league among goalies (>= 25 GP) in Save % (tied with Swayman) and GAA (0.01 behind Demko). He looked incredible on the "big stage" of last year's Winter Classic and was a huge reason why they won the game. What else does he need to do?

I had let these facts slip my mind until someone mentioned it in the GDT last night, and tbqh I'm starting to think the fact that he didnt get the opening night start was a bit of a slap in the face. I love the deal, am glad he's not "disgruntled" that he's still being asked to share time with Grubauer and am 1000% pulling for him to show that last season was no fluke.

EDIT: OH, and Shesterkin is about to COMPLETELY turn goalie salaries upside down, having turned down an 8 year / $88m offer from the Rangers the other day. Every goalie in the league's ask is going to go up $2m or so once Shesterkin signs. This is a rare W by Francis given the timing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad