2024-25 Kraken Roster discussion

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
That's exactly what it is. We need cap space and need to get rid of a contract. That's cap dumping regardless of which ever contract we get rid off. Teams know that and aren't gonna let us get rid of a contract just like that and expect us to get a return on it.
That’s not the point of anything I’ve said this afternoon, but go off I guess?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I was speculating a Kesselring for Borgen trade... somewhat sideways! Kesselring has an additional year @$1.4M and then an RFA. Lowers the cap by an additional $1.3M.

Why the heck would seattle get rid of a defenseman that isn't exactly gonna help our cap issues...

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Borgen makes 2.7M
Kesselring 1.4M
allowing Winterton to be promoted
then Seattle would be under the cap by 1.2, enough for another D
and give the roster 22
all without losing another asset.

I rather not mess with the defensive just for the sake of forwards especially this late in pre-season.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Help me understand this - are we under the cap with a 21 man roster?

I think we might just roll with that until someone gets injured.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Not even surprised. Francis’ specialty is clearly putting himself in crappy cap situations and then being too passive to get himself out of them. Absolutely bonkers what he’s paying Tanev to play 4th line minutes if not get outright scratched, and Oleksiak what he’s getting to play bottom pair minutes and no special teams. Both players should have been moved this summer but here we are, watching Mahura likely get claimed while Francis tries to find nickels in the sofa cushions to make cap.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Not even surprised. Francis’ specialty is clearly putting himself in crappy cap situations and then being too passive to get himself out of them. Absolutely bonkers what he’s paying Tanev to play 4th line minutes if not get outright scratched, and Oleksiak what he’s getting to play bottom pair minutes and no special teams. Both players should have been moved this summer but here we are, watching Mahura likely get claimed while Francis tries to find nickels in the sofa cushions to make cap.
Oleksiak isn't playing buttom pair... He's 2nd pair... 3rd pair s borgen and evans.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Oleksiak has been paired with Montour for most of the pre-season. They have looked decent so far, so I am thinking that is how they start the season. The last game was the best that Evans-Borgen have looked in pre-season.

That being said, Evans-Montour could be a helluva pairing. Oleksiak-Borgen can be the shutdown/defensive pair. Depends on how the pairings actually look during the season.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Three years in, what is the biggest blood feud moment between Seattle and another team/player? The franchise needs some drama and blood feuds ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad