2024-25 Junior Hockey Expansion, Relocation, and Retraction

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Slowdive

Jul 10, 2024
I cant imagine being a family, thinking you have your hockey home for the season, and poof, team dissolves and now your scrambling.

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
A family who doesn't think this can happen to their hockey-playing youngster - and doesn't have at least primary contingency plans - has done a greater injustice to their child than any "dissolving" team.

Slowdive

Jul 10, 2024
A family who doesn't think this can happen to their hockey-playing youngster - and doesn't have at least primary contingency plans - has done a greater injustice to their child than any "dissolving" team.
You are 100% correct. We always have plans of A, B, and C. I'm just saying what a bummer to actually have to use plan B and so on. :thumbu:

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
We've entered late summer retractions time

The team was just bought in April as well. The only reasons listed were "reasons outside of (our) control." They were still looking for players for their Premier team as of the second week of August, so the effect of the player shortage is the likely reason for their demise.

They are the second USPHL Southeast Division organization with Premier and Elite teams to fold in recent years following the Charleston Colonials.

Slowdive

Jul 10, 2024
The team was just bought in April as well. The only reasons listed were "reasons outside of (our) control." They were still looking for players for their Premier team as of the second week of August, so the effect of the player shortage is the likely reason for their demise.

They are the second USPHL Southeast Division organization with Premier and Elite teams to fold in recent years following the Charleston Colonials.
I did not know about the Colonials folding as well. I am not an expert, but at the Tier 3 junior level, between the USPHL Premier and Elite, EHL and EHLP, plus the NA3HL, thats alot of hockey players to find. In fact, i know an EHL team that is looking for players, and they just had there main camp recently.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad