2024-25 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - One Spot Open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Need further refinement for the third change regarding post trade deadline additions.

Votes for the following:

2-day Trade Pending Period --> Change to 24 hour trade pending period

Taxi Squad and NA status --> Clause to include rules due to special circumstances. NA Players remain ineligible for addition unless confirmed news that he is on an NHL roster. As long as the player is on an NHL roster officially, then he is eligible for pickup. (Suspended players can be NA on Yahoo)

Post trade deadline --> Addition to the rule that rookies (eligible for calder trophy) are ineligibile to be picked up. - May need further discussion whether rookies under our "rookie" rule that are not eligible for calder trophy be eligible for pick up. I think that should be ok, as it would apply to less players and generally older players.

More discussion needed for this one to clarify the rule. Or strictly "Any rookie keeper eligible players added after the keeper league trade deadline will be ineligible to be kept as rookie keeper in the following season" Thoughts?

Also, draft date. tentative date set for Sunday October 4th 5pm PST. Does that work for everyone?

@BrockH @Balls Mahoney @Canucker @StrictlyCommercial @nameless1 @archangel2 @CaptainBo @Canucks LB @ahmon @Fedz @VanillaCoke

First 2 rules are fine.

"Any rookie keeper eligible players added after the keeper league trade deadline will be ineligible to be kept as rookie keeper in the following season"
This probably makes the most sense.
Perhaps the trade deadline could be the real NHL trade deadline?
Our deadline is usually later than the actual trade deadline...
So some exceptions may arise...
But I am fine either way.

For the draft date...
My schedule is not set yet...
And hopefully I will know by next week.
Can we set a backup date a week later on October 9th just in case?
October 10th or 11th works better for me...
But it is probably best to do it on the weekend.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Sunday October 2nd? Or Tuesday October 4th?

Per the rule changes...I'm good with #1 and #2.

For #3, I also agree that "Any rookie keeper eligible players added after the keeper league trade deadline will be ineligible to be kept as rookie keeper in the following season" is the best language to change the rule to.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Whoops yeah I was looking at September lol.

Sunday, October 2nd, season starts October 7th so nothing later than that. Oct 2nd would be the last Sunday for the draft.

Reactions: Canucker

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
First 2 rules are fine.

"Any rookie keeper eligible players added after the keeper league trade deadline will be ineligible to be kept as rookie keeper in the following season"

NHL Trade Deadline will be Monday Feb 20th this year, which means our trade deadline would be on Wednesday, Feb 22nd (last day to trade players). Actually leaves 3 and a half weeks before playoffs, a lot more than usual. (Usually after trade deadline would give only a week and half before keeper playoffs. Can someone confirm the NHL trade deadline date?

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

Sunday, October 2nd, season starts October 7th so nothing later than that. Oct 2nd would be the last Sunday for the draft.

I thought the start of the season is October 12th.
It was old information.
My bad.
:booboo:

In that case...
Let me get back to you.
Hopefully I can squeeze some time on that date.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
NHL Trade Deadline will be Monday Feb 20th this year, which means our trade deadline would be on Wednesday, Feb 22nd (last day to trade players). Actually leaves 3 and a half weeks before playoffs, a lot more than usual. (Usually after trade deadline would give only a week and half before keeper playoffs. Can someone confirm the NHL trade deadline date?

Yeah...
Every year it is a bit different.
Last year was really late.
I thought if we keep to the actual deadline...
That rules out any exceptions or variances...
But I am honestly fine either way.

Also, one rule addition to consider. I actually thought it was in there already but looks like it's not.

Post draft, the waiver order should go with the reverse order of last year standings.

I thought it was just default settings...
But if you want to put it into the CBA...
I see no problem with it.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Yeah...
Every year it is a bit different.
Last year was really late.
I thought if we keep to the actual deadline...
That rules out any exceptions or variances...
But I am honestly fine either way.

I thought it was just default settings...
But if you want to put it into the CBA...
I see no problem with it.

There's no option to keep the actual deadline. Yahoo deadline is on a Wednesday, which doesn't line up with the NHL's deadline.

Default setting on Yahoo is whoever gets last pick will be first on waivers. Thus, we have our league champ having first priority on waivers.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Draisaitl (franchise)
Josi (franchise)
Guentzel
Meier
Kuznetsov

and 2 more from bottom list

Robertson (rookie)
Seider (Rookie)

Potentially available:

Dobson @ 160 games
Fleury
Bob
Kopitar
Kadri
Hischier
S. Jones
Muzzin

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
There's no option to keep the actual deadline. Yahoo deadline is on a Wednesday, which doesn't line up with the NHL's deadline.
This is your proposal:

What I propose is this:
"Any rookie keeper eligible players added after the NHL trade deadline will be ineligible to be kept as rookie keeper in the following season"

The date is something that we can easily keep track ourselves anyways.
Also...
It eliminates any variables like what we experienced before...
That threw the schedule out of wreck.

It is just a suggestion.
I am more than fine with your phrase.

Default setting on Yahoo is whoever gets last pick will be first on waivers. Thus, we have our league champ having first priority on waivers.

Okay.
It is basically an unwritten rule anyways...
So I am fine if you want to write it done into the CBA.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I cant make the draft on sunday at 5 pst.

I can make it only anytime before 3 pst or on a monday or tuesday.

archangel2

May 19, 2019

Sunday works for me. I fly back from Europe on the Friday

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Sunday October 2nd? Or Tuesday October 4th?

Per the rule changes...I'm good with #1 and #2.

For #3, I also agree that "Any rookie keeper eligible players added after the keeper league trade deadline will be ineligible to be kept as rookie keeper in the following season" is the best language to change the rule to.
disagree with the high bolded part

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Want to explain your rationale? We'll be voting on the four points.
sort of self explanatory. If that is a rule wants to be adopted then I say you go one step further.. prevent any adds or subtractions after the dead line. Ride with the line up you have from the deadline onward.

It would be a rule that punishes the bad teams and helps the good teams. Good teams who can not gamble on a rookie who gets called up gets and wait till the next draft and a team that is having a horrible season more or less has zero incentive to play out the year know full well that some players he/she/it adds can't be kept.

May I make a suggestion. Hiding players on the IR waiting for someone else to get injured. There was a few times over the past few years, where a player off IR by + 7 days but the manager kept the player on IR waiting for another player to get injured, I think we need a set time frame from when a player gets taken off of IR to when the manager has to address the roster. I think 48 to 72 hours should be the limit.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I would be against stopping adds/subtractions after the deadline... Injuries occur and if you can't replace people to try and compete, what's the point? Don't like this idea at all.

I'm also good with keeping the IR the way it is, at some point you're forced to deal with players who are on your IR when they become healthy...plus I'm not even sure if there is a way to have the system even enforce it, or if it would need to be policed by other GM's, then you have to know exactly when the player came off IR and some people barely follow their team on a weekly basis let alone a 48-72 hour basis...and what would the penalty be? Seems too arduous to look after for such a small detail. I get that its a form of "stashing" but I don't think its something that affects any competitive balance.

Reactions: BrockH

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I am heading to Europe for 3 weeks so here are my keepers. Back in Powell River October 1st or 2nd. Depending on plane travel

1- Nick Suzuki
2-Matt Boldy--R
3-Alex Tuchs
4-Bo Horvat
5-Zach Hyman
6-Payton Krebs--R
7-Noah Hanifan
8-Ivan Barbashev

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I would be against stopping adds/subtractions after the deadline... Injuries occur and if you can't replace people to try and compete, what's the point? Don't like this idea at all.

I'm also good with keeping the IR the way it is, at some point you're forced to deal with players who are on your IR when they become healthy...plus I'm not even sure if there is a way to have the system even enforce it, or if it would need to be policed by other GM's, then you have to know exactly when the player came off IR and some people barely follow their team on a weekly basis let alone a 48-72 hour basis...and what would the penalty be? Seems too arduous to look after for such a small detail. I get that its a form of "stashing" but I don't think its something that affects any competitive balance.

Yeah...
It makes no sense to block addition/ subtractions after the deadline.
That will just cause more problems if one team suddenly runs into a rash of long-term injuries.

I would not mind a time limit for IR stash myself...
But it is just too minute of a detail to fuzz over...
And it opens too many other little things to add.
We are all older and busier now...
And I truly doubt we can afford to pay attention 24/7.
Plus...
The onus to enforce will likely fall to the commissioner...
And he too is a busy man.
It is not fair to add more responsibilities to him.

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
It would be a rule that punishes the bad teams and helps the good teams. Good teams who can not gamble on a rookie who gets called up gets and wait till the next draft and a team that is having a horrible season more or less has zero incentive to play out the year know full well that some players he/she/it adds can't be kept.

The top picks who choose to go the NCAA route will not be available to the bad teams though.
The better teams will likely have higher waiver priority...
So they will always pick up those players.
Who will give up a chance to pick up a #1 draft pick or even a lottery pick for free?
Any team will make room for them.
It will just become a bigger problem...
When more and more top players chose to go the NCAA route...
Which appears to be the trend.

I know it is not perfect...
But it is the best compromise.

Last edited:

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
I am heading to Europe for 3 weeks so here are my keepers. Back in Powell River October 1st or 2nd. Depending on plane travel

1- Nick Suzuki
2-Matt Boldy--R
3-Alex Tuchs
4-Bo Horvat
5-Zach Hyman
6-Payton Krebs--R
7-Noah Hanifan
8-Ivan Barbashev
Make sure you set them on Yahoo. I think you get one more keeper?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If it's Tuesday, I would be able to make the draft no issues.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
First 2 rules are fine.

For the draft date...
My schedule is not set yet...
And hopefully I will know by next week.
Can we set a backup date a week later on October 9th just in case?
October 10th or 11th works better for me...
But it is probably best to do it on the weekend.
can they be kept as non rookies then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad