2024-25 General Dallas Stars Talk

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
FYI

Wyatt is next

Think Roope deal...

Nill would be a living legend (he almost already is if you ask me) if they can lock up Wyatt under 9mill as you’re suggesting.

I am also very curious to see what deal Benn and Nill will come up with. I can see it being a very team friendly deal to make sure they can continue being a threat in the West.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He's not a UFA,

We have 3 #6 defensemen, 2 of which are 1 signed for next year, which are you referring to?

From the minutes #6 are Lundkvist and now Smith. The team is rolling with the top 3 and then suppliment them with a rolling cast of random cheap side characters we can afford.

Reactions: MBTendy

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Last year he was trying to still do some Stars content here and there and promised Stars fans he would still cover the NHL in his free time.

Guess he's not maintaining that illusion anymore.
Yeah, I think he realized he was working for free because his bosses didn't care about Stars coverage at all.

The shame of it is the Stars no longer have any best writer who travels with the team.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
FYI

Wyatt is next

Think Roope deal...

That's about perfect for his team impact.

He doesn't produce 100 points a season, but he is integral to the team's success. Most of those guys who put up decent numbers and play the team game make 8-9. Everyone above that is either a hockey wide megastar or had to be bribed to stay on a struggling franchise.

Benn & Seguin's contracts were heavily influenced by the struggles of the organization around that time...

Reactions: Dallasman

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
That's about perfect for his team impact.

He doesn't produce 100 points a season, but he is integral to the team's success. Most of those guys who put up decent numbers and play the team game make 8-9. Everyone above that is either a hockey wide megastar or had to be bribed to stay on a struggling franchise.

Benn & Seguin's contracts were heavily influenced by the struggles of the organization around that time...
Johnston getting up to the top PP unit should help his point production. If you're a guy not on the top unit, it's pretty tough to get above a point a game pace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad