Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Ducks free agents:

Agozzino -> Utah
Carrick -> AHL Charlotte
De Leo -> Unsigned
Gawdin -> LA
Groulx -> NY Rangers
Hagg -> Unsigned
Jones -> Boston
Lagesson -> Detroit
Leason -> Re-signed
Lindstrom -> Unsigned
Meyers -> Seattle
Stalock -> Unsigned
Vaakanainen -> Re-signed
White -> New Jersey

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Ducks free agents:

Agozzino -> Utah
Carrick -> AHL Charlotte
De Leo -> Unsigned
Gawdin -> LA
Groulx -> NY Rangers
Hagg -> Unsigned
Jones -> Boston
Lagesson -> Detroit
Leason -> Re-signed
Lindstrom -> Unsigned
Meyers -> Seattle
Stalock -> Unsigned
Vaakanainen -> Re-signed
White -> New Jersey
At this point I'd re-sign Lindstrom just to have a body on the third pair's right side

Tony O

May 31, 2011
Do we really have 25 million in cap space at this point? WTF? How do we even use that up at this lol?
They won't use it up. The Ducks are only 2.7 million away from the floor. PV will trade for more scraps to make up the difference, possibly a winger. This is the Ducks roster from here until the start of the season. Until some desperate team calls about a cap dump. Rinse and repeat. The Ducks find themselves in the same predicament as we were this time last year. Yes, I understand… the young players will improve. But the question remains, how do we avoid landing in the bottom five yet again?

Reactions: Sstealths1

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
They won't use it up. The Ducks are only 2.7 million away from the floor. PV will trade for more scraps to make up the difference, possibly a winger. This is the Ducks roster from here until the start of the season. Until some desperate team calls about a cap dump. Rinse and repeat. The Ducks find themselves in the same predicament as we were this time last year. Yes, I understand… the young players will improve. But the question remains, how do we avoid landing in the bottom five yet again?
I don't think we do.

Reactions: Sstealths1

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California

Players staying healthy will go a long way. Most of the team didn't play with each other at the same time last season. I also think PV will add to the top 6. Long shot for playoffs but I would be pretty surprised if they were bottom five.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Theodore has played the right side ever since he left Anaheim. The bigger issue is Theo makes no sense for the Ducks because he would take the sheltered/offensive minutes and PP time that Minty/Zell/Luneau need.

The Ducks need a RD that can PK and be steady partners for Minty/Zell.

Maybe someone should share this with Verbeek. He has three left shot defenders who have been playing RD prior to going pro in LaCombe, Zell, and Hinds.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Any appetite for a McGroarty/Luneau swap?

Or would that be a non-starter - you guys are stacked with great D prospects so I just had that thought (Rutger and Cutter are best friends)
Eh luneau is really our only rhd with upside, and the org seems to really be high on luneau.

I’d personally say prob not a starter for us…. I’d like mcgroarty but I’m not sure we have the right pieces to get him(with luneau and the obvious others off the board)

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I think we’ll have a decent step up….

Healthy line up, 2nd year under Cronin…. I imagine a better understanding of their jobs in the system.

Our star players getting another year older…. I expect minty carlsson zellweger lacombe and company to be a lot more comfortable.

A healthy zegras/mctavish last year and we prob end up picking 8-10 rather than 1-3. Hopefully terry comes back with the right mindset this year.

I think gauthier is going to surprise some people, I think he’ll be a Calder finalist this year.

And of course there is still moves coming for us, I still expect some sort of top 6 forward coming via trade, and some sort of dmen. I don’t think we’ll really be battling for playoff posistion, but I think we’ll see a pretty decent size jump as far as points go….. still a lottery pick, but in the 8-12 range
I agree with all of this. Hopefully this year is a significant step in the right direction and the following year we make a big splash.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Any appetite for a McGroarty/Luneau swap?

Or would that be a non-starter - you guys are stacked with great D prospects so I just had that thought (Rutger and Cutter are best friends)
McGroarty will likely be a solid NHLer but he is a similar type of player to McTavish and so seems a bit redundant. As others have said, Luneau is the Ducks best prospect at RHD and IMO is more valuable to the organization.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Verbeek needs to stop looking at Temu and Wish dot com for Hockey players. He literally signed the wish dot com version of Johnston

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Verbeek needs to stop looking at Temu and Wish dot com for Hockey players. He literally signed the wish dot com version of Johnston

Harkins is nothing like Johnston. Johnston is only in the NHL because he can fight. Harkins can at least skate around fast and hit. He sucks but he's a hell of a lot more a player than Johnston.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Harkins is nothing like Johnston. Johnston is only in the NHL because he can fight. Harkins can at least skate around fast and hit. He sucks but he's a hell of a lot more a player than Johnston.
Not directed at your or your post in specific, but when we’re making these types or arguments, it’s a sad time in Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad