Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Offensive 1 dimensional dman are easy to aquire but top line power forwards like Tkachuk, Kane, Wilson etc are hard to find and Verbeek despite having multiple pathetic losing seasons has yet to draft one
I have no idea in which universe Kane or Wilson would be considered legit first liners, but I am sure you are going to enlighten me any moment.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I guess I don’t see it with Lindholm compared to others on here. I don’t come from him being the wrong choice, though some guys available were better, it’s more the assessment of what he’s been as a player. He’s not elite and has never been even close IMO. Even his one big year in 22-23 appears to have been an aberration.
Few players’ reputations have benefitted more from the switch to inchoate stats than Lindholm’s, who isn’t obviously great at anything (except that V02 max, let us never forget).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
1 Bad example but Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan were successful so 3/4 is pretty good. Comtois I don't think was considered a true power forward. Ritchie had his moments with Kase I wonder why they didn't stick with that pair

Maybe because they weren't good hockey players? Ritchie has never had more than 31 points and his defensive struggles make him hard to slot into a good bottom 6. Kase isn't even in the NHL anymore.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
not sure about anyone else - but trading Zegras and Vatrano just sets the rebuild back even more..

Who is going to score goals?

Yup. It also goes against what Verbeek has been saying. Wanted to see playoffs as early as next season (which seems impossible) but 2 years? Moving those players sets them back more then 2 years contention.

Reactions: Hey234

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yup. It also goes against what Verbeek has been saying. Wanted to see playoffs as early as next season (which seems impossible) but 2 years? Moving those players sets them back more then 2 years contention.
Very nearly everything Verbeek does goes against what Verbeek says. I really don’t believe much of anything he says at this point.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very nearly everything Verbeek does goes against what Verbeek says. I really don’t believe much of anything he says at this point.

Dude, giving him two more years, then I want him gone. My wants? Around .500 competitive hockey this coming season, and a WC spot the following year. Is this really asking for a lot? lol.

Reactions: HunterDuck

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
One thing he hasn't done, unless you count the Drysdale/Cutter trade which I don't really, is sold off any pieces from the roster for futures outside of expiring players at trade deadlines.

Don't see why he would all of a sudden be inclined to do that at this time

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Dude, giving him two more years, then I want him gone. My wants? Around .500 competitive hockey this coming season, and a WC spot the following year. Is this really asking for a lot? lol.
I want to see something cohesive on the ice. I’ll forgive a terrible record if I can tell that the team are all trying and failing to do a thing, versus all the doorknob humping we’ve seen. It’s the difference between, say the 01-02 Ducks, and what we saw last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad