Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I like adding a physical vet, but Trouba is such a defensive liability. He is definitely more of a 3rd pairing defenseman at this point in his career. The Ducks need to add defensemen who can actually play consistent defense. I would rather wait and find another option.

Laine seems worth the gamble. Should cost little, helps the Ducks reach the cap, and, if he stays healthy, should put up some points.

Reactions: Yemeth and Daz28

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Dude went MIA

Oh trust me.. Its not the players only.. The family and Mainly the kids.. The schools.. ETC..
if that's the case, then why do players have no problem signing with teams in places that have similar policies to CA? don't see the NY teams having problems signing anyone. the kings and sharks? seattle? caps?

maybe, just maybe....players don't want to sign with a team that's finished in the basement the past several seasons

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like adding a physical vet, but Trouba is such a defensive liability. He is definitely more of a 3rd pairing defenseman at this point in his career. The Ducks need to add defensemen who can actually play consistent defense. I would rather wait and find another option.

Laine seems worth the gamble. Should cost little, helps the Ducks reach the cap, and, if he stays healthy, should put up some points.
Put him with fowler

if that's the case, then why do players have no problem signing with teams in places that have similar policies to CA? don't see the NY teams having problems signing anyone. the kings and sharks? seattle? caps?

maybe, just maybe....players don't want to sign with a team that's finished in the basement the past several seasons
Maybe Pv just didnt offer anyone anything lol

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not the end of the world that Verbeek isn't signing someone. Rather he not sign anyone than signing someone and overpaying and giving too many years for them.
The only thing i will say is... i dont think signing someone for like 1-2 mil for 2-3 years like lomberg/perry etc woulda been bad.... but i guess PV is just trying to continue to lower the bar.... crush our hopes and dreams.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Wonder if we are in fact pursuing Trouba and it’s a bigger deal than we expect.

Zegras is from NY and appears to have fallen out of favor with PV.

Rangers also have Kakko and Laf.

Would be interesting if we worked out a huge deal then acquired Laine.

Walking away with Laine, Kakko/Laf, and Trouba would be huge.

• Haha
Reactions: Daz28

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
The only thing i will say is... i dont think signing someone for like 1-2 mil for 2-3 years like lomberg/perry etc woulda been bad.... but i guess PV is just trying to continue to lower the bar.... crush our hopes and dreams.
Don't disagree with you there, but then again these moves wouldn't really move the needle in terms of significant improvement that the Ducks sorely need.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006

Calm down.. I didnt say thats the only reason.. There are alot of factors.. Could be PV low balled them

• Haha
Reactions: Terry Yake

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
Wonder if we are in fact pursuing Trouba and it’s a bigger deal than we expect.

Zegras is from NY and appears to have fallen out of favor with PV.

Rangers also have Kakko and Laf.

Would be interesting if we worked out a huge deal then acquired Laine.

Walking away with Laine, Kakko/Laf, and Trouba would be huge.
Laf is not available. And no, the rest would not be huge at all. Couple of years ago sure, not now.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Laf is not available. And no, the rest would not be huge at all. Couple of years ago sure, not now.
It’s all predicated upon them bouncing back.

Regardless, Trouba is a leader and Laine could score lots of goals in an environment like Anaheim, and if he doesn’t, so what? He likely won’t cost much and doesn’t have lots of terms. Those are each two things the team desperately needs

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t buy the “guys don’t wanna play here” at all. We’re closer to competing than San Jose and they got good players to sign there today. I just don’t buy that at all. Last I checked, San Jose is in California
I really dont think PV was in on many people.... the term prob doesnt appeal to us in our current situation.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
My lord... we couldn't out bid for Hakanpaa or Desharnais at 1.5 to 2 million per.... LMFAO

At this point I'd be happy to hear that we signed AHL guys like Jeff Malott.. wait, the Kings just signed him lol. Good god... both our NHL and AHL clubs are going to be ass...

Reactions: McDonald19

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Not sure if it was a reputable source, but I read something about the Panthers considering to trade Ekblad, so that could be an alternative to Trouba. Only one year left and a modified NTC, though, and maybe it was only something they considered before today’s moves - if at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad