Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Not sure if it was a reputable source, but I read something about the Panthers considering to trade Ekblad, so that could be an alternative to Trouba. Only one year left and a modified NTC, though, and maybe it was only something they considered before today’s moves - if at all.
I think that's no longer an option with Montour leaving

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
My lord... we couldn't out bid for Hakanpaa or Desharnais at 1.5 to 2 million per.... LMFAO

At this point I'd be happy to hear that we signed AHL guys like Jeff Malott.. wait, the Kings just signed him lol. Good god... both our NHL and AHL clubs are going to be ass...
Why the f*** would we need a broken Hakanpaa or some random Desharnais?

Im happy PV aint running around signing scrubs to deals just because its the 1st of July

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I would love to know how much of the load they actually expect the kids to be able to carry next year - because right now it kind of looks like they are depending on breakout seasons from 3-5 youths

Reactions: 12ozPapa

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Nashville has very little young, homegrown forward talent. Obviously they are all in but probably only have a season or two to truly compete. Even after today there are still a handful of teams that are much better.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Why the f*** would we need a broken Hakanpaa or some random Desharnais?

Im happy PV aint running around signing scrubs to deals just because its the 1st of July
So you're saying the entire UFA market are scrubs?

Good teams find value and mine for the next Jeannot, Dakota Joshua, Forslings... they take their shots... it doesn't have to be a big one, but they take them and their success isn't from luck, its from good scouting. We took NONE... both at the NHL and AHL level. I don't care for big signings but adding a trio of role players to shield our youth is the minimum expectation. You can't say throwing some darts and getting some players in their prime years wouldn't help.

Fortunately Madden runs our draft... I can't imagine if he left and Verbeek handled the draft like he does with UFAs. He treats our young stars like trash, and he either does nothing or blows his load on terrible contracts like Strome and Killorn when all he has to do are throw some darts on Vatrano/Gudas types. 2-3 year contracts, with big compete and specific role.

• Haha
Reactions: goonsaredumb

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
My lord... we couldn't out bid for Hakanpaa or Desharnais at 1.5 to 2 million per.... LMFAO

At this point I'd be happy to hear that we signed AHL guys like Jeff Malott.. wait, the Kings just signed him lol. Good god... both our NHL and AHL clubs are going to be ass...
Better will be traded for. I would bet.

DaGeneral

Sponsor
Apr 15, 2012
GMs giving 7 year deals when they know they won’t be there is… something. My one glimmer of hope, Verbeek is treating this as the job for longer than 7 years.

Reactions: SoCal Dreaming

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
To explain why he didn't do shit. My liking it or not is irrelevant.
I mean all he's gonna say is something along the lines of "Other teams outbid me and I wasn't willing to handcuff the team to long term, big money contracts for aging players when I have so many young players to sign in the upcoming years." which seems pretty obvious, unless people actually believe he just sat at home all day doing nothing which is just silly.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
To explain why he didn't do shit. My liking it or not is irrelevant.

"We were in on a few guys, but just didnt materialize the way we hoped. The term that guys were asking for and getting, we just werent comfortable with. We have a good group of young kids in the pipeline and we arent going to jeopardize our future for immediate help. Its only day one, we have plenty of time before the season starts and there are options out there outside of the free agent market."

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
"We were in on a few guys, but just didnt materialize the way we hoped. The term that guys were asking for and getting, we just werent comfortable with. We have a good group of young kids in the pipeline and we arent going to jeopardize our future for immediate help. Its only day one, we have plenty of time before the season starts and there are options out there outside of the free agent market."
The problem is everyone gets their hopes up like children, it’s better to take what a GM says with a grain of salt.

I’m sure at some point, we’ll see some signings and trades, it’s only day 1 hahaha.

Reactions: Deuce22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad