Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Still think its possible we bring Jones back on a 1 year deal worth nothing. Not that it matters or helps us but throwing it out there

I like Jones, and I'd be fine with bringing him back on a 1 year, minimum deal. However, he should not be viewed as a fixture in the lineup. We need to upgrade the team. Can't bring the same team back. Stenlund is the player I am most disappointed we missed on so far.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Stamkos signed in Nashville, the big fish FAs are basically gone

God damnit... we have officially become the worst destination in the league..... even Buffalo was able to sign UFAs...

There's a video showing Florida's training facilities... maybe we need to make some massive upgrades to entice players to come.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
The only disappointing one's for me are not getting Toffoli or Arvidsson - those seem like somewhat reasonable contracts for some proven production,

The rest of these deals are brutal
Yep, I can agree with that.

People were upset about the Strome / Killorn contracts and their term, yet want to give out 7 year contracts with more money to similar players. Doesn't make sense for me.

Not to mention we've just seen the Kings offer nearly 4m a year to a 3rd pairing guy and 3.5m to a fringe third liner who had a career outlier year.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
UFA window opens and its shit show city with the deals. Sure, a few are ok but most are looking nasty. ANA was in on Stamkos but probably couldnt offer more than what he got in NSH, or its the players preference to go where he goes.

PV not doing a bad deal is better than landing "that guy" and hating the contract in a year or two.

Maybe they pivot. Maybe they already knew these deals were going to be stupid and have been looking at the trade market. Trades are going to take more time as people need/want to see what happens with the big fish first.

Reactions: Deuce22

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Oh boy... Verbeek mentioned he wanted to upgrade via free agencies or trade... looks like it will be the latter.

My guess is another year of eating contracts for picks. Here comes a combination of Justin Holl, Trouba, Laine types... Well at least we can look forward to McKenna in the 2026 draft.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad