Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I didn’t even like that one. Stamkos and Sam Lafferty are literally the only two I would’ve wanted here. Shouldn’t have been surprised but yeah it’s crazy out there again.
I actually just noticed it was five years and not four. At four years, I could stomach it. But that fifth year will be brutal. No thanks.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Yeah, I could have been ok with that for Roy. A year too long, but the dollars are right. We would probably have needed to go 6 x $6.5.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Outside of maybe Marchessault, I haven't seen any deals that I've thought, "I wish Verbeek had been able to get that deal in Anaheim."
Yeah, if I had to choose between signing these deals vs. waiting for the frenzy to die down, I'm fine if Verbeek stands Pat for a bit.

Bigger question is who is even left that's worth signing. It's one thing to not sign a bad deal, but it's another thing to not sign any...

Reactions: JAHV

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I'm hoping for Trouba now. I know he's declined and over paid, but he could add some physicality that we could use. And his contract would come off the books right when we need it to.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Yeah, if I had to choose between signing these deals vs. waiting for the frenzy to die down, I'm fine if Verbeek stands Pat for a bit.

Bigger question is who is even left that's worth signing. It's one thing to not sign a bad deal, but it's another thing to not sign any...
I see what you did there!

• Haha
Reactions: Arthuros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad