Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

My initial reaction was that it seems a bit rich, but he's basically been a point per game guy for each of the last six seasons. Not too many out there can boast that level of consistent high end production.

He does turn 30 right at the start of this coming season though, so there are multiple years remaining where he'll be over that 35+ threshold. Always has to be a bit worrisome

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Congrats @Leonardo87 with the Carrick signing, you can't get away from that guy :laugh:. Alao, happy for Sam. Well deserved.

Nice to see us being in on Stammer, but the only thing we can offer is cap space (money) and reuniting with old friends Killorn and Gudas. But that's it.

Reactions: Leonardo87

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That's ridiculously high money. Guentzel is good, but not that good.

Would you be surprised to know that he's darn near a point per game player in his career? 491 (227 goals) in 520 career regular season games. Then also 67 points (38 goals!) in 69 playoff games.

His career regular season points per game (0.94) puts him just a hair behind Barkov, Eichel and Point, but slightly ahead of Aho, Marchand, Tavares and Backstrom. For career playoff points per game his 0.97 is just behind Malkin and Point, just ahead of Pastrnak, Kane, Aho and Ovechkin.

That's easily 8-10M territory, I think if anything he probably goes a bit underrated.

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
Keep in mind that all of these insiders will report teams in on players and it’ll likely not be us until it’s about at the finish line.

Verbeek don’t leak

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Gunna guess we’re in on necas/Stamkos and marsh.
Big on Roy
Big on lomberg

If boeser is in trade talks def see us on him too

If we let leason /Jones go we’re looking for energy guys in bottom 6… lomberg fills that

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I think the odds of us landing Stamkos or Marsh are slim to none. I think the "big fish" we'll sign is Roy. The top 6 upgrade will have to come through trade.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Gonna set my expectations very low for today. Don’t see us landing any big fish and will just over pay some bottom 6/bottom pair guy to get to the cap floor.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Wow that is a real kick in the nuts. He would have been perfect here.

Honestly, I’m not super high on Stamkos at this point. What I’m reading about his all around game is concerning

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wow that is a real kick in the nuts. He would have been perfect here.

Honestly, I’m not super high on Stamkos at this point. What I’m reading about his all around game is concerning

I’d rather look towards trade route now

That being said I’ll still take Stamkos lomberg and Roy

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Ducks ain’t getting any of the top guys. Always have to settle for second tier. Hopefully the second tier outplays theri contracts like Vatrano and Gudas have instead of underplay the contract like Stroke has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad