In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Trying to choose from the remaining list:

larry-david-unsure.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I had it down to Bump, McDonald, and Tuomaala.

I think it's Bump, who is looking like a steal of a 5th round pick.

I'm surprised Tuomaala doesn't have any votes.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Can I ask why Kolosov and Zavragin aren't on this poll, because both should be contenders here.

Edit: NM, skaters are separated from goalies. Not sure why.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Shouldn't Attard not be on here? He's already 25. Isn't that the cut-off we always did for the polls? But Attard surprised me in his sample. Fortunately, he has nowhere to play in this bottom 10 defense unit.

Went Rizzo here. One of the more skilled guys remaining in the group. He’s a bit older tho

My gut feeling is he's a tweener and not an NHL player. I don't think the physical abilities are quite up to par. But who knows?

Bump just had a pretty good D+2 freshman year -- Rizzo wasn't even in college until D+3 and was comparable. Only seen him 1-2 times, but I think Bump has NHL physical traits, decent skill. There's some depth role projectability.

Kaplan still has a standout skill-set in this shallow pool. But it has to showcase itself with more production this year. There will be usage available at BU.

Ciernik absolutely should be in the running on paper. I've just never watched him in a game.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Most of the guys I like at this point have a lot more projection to them still. Sotheran, Gill, & Ciernik for examples. The more advanced guys that are left to me don’t really strike me as middle to upper lineup potential. A lot of bottom lineup guys or guys who just won’t make it imo.
Agreed but the gap is so big I’m not sure what to prioritize. Attard seems like an NHL player. I think there are 4-5 guys who have higher ceilings but don’t trust the Flyers to get them there

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Shouldn't Attard not be on here? He's already 25. Isn't that the cut-off we always did for the polls? But Attard surprised me in his sample. Fortunately, he has nowhere to play in this bottom 10 defense unit.

My gut feeling is he's a tweener and not an NHL player. I don't think the physical abilities are quite up to par. But who knows?

Bump just had a pretty good D+2 freshman year -- Rizzo wasn't even in college until D+3 and was comparable. Only seen him 1-2 times, but I think Bump has NHL physical traits, decent skill. There's some depth role projectability.

Kaplan still has a standout skill-set in this shallow pool. But it has to showcase itself with more production this year. There will be usage available at BU.

Ciernik absolutely should be in the running on paper. I've just never watched him in a game.
My gut tells me he’s a tweener as well, but he has a great skill set when the puck is on his stick. I will bet on high end skill - it’s just too hard to find.

Didn’t watch a lot of bump, but Kaplan was somewhat disappointing last season when I did check in on him.

Really liked Ciernik last year during TC, but haven’t seen him otherwise.

Reactions: Magua

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad