Prospect Info: 2024-25 Flyers Prospects - Top 20 SKATERS, #18

#18 skater prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Not for me, I still really like him, he did have a down year so that has made alot of people sour on him, but not me
Flyers are down on him as they do not feel he is progressing to their liking. If he doesn't pick it up good chance he isn't signed.

I liked the pick at the time and thought for sure he was an NHL player. Time will tell.

If Matteo Mann doesn't make this list, Brent Flahr is going to riot! The Flyers need more Mann!
Yeah no doubt over a 7th rd pick.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'm catching up on these polls and am surprised to see Jack Berglund 15th, especially with Pautov somehow 4 spots ahead of him at 11.

Berglund was just the 51st pick in the draft (Pautov was 173rd) and Berglund was just named by DailyFaceoff as one of the standout performers of the World Junior Summer Showcase.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm catching up on these polls and am surprised to see Jack Berglund 15th, especially with Pautov somehow 4 spots ahead of him at 11.

Berglund was just the 51st pick in the draft (Pautov was 173rd) and Berglund was just named by DailyFaceoff as one of the standout performers of the World Junior Summer Showcase.
Meh. No one's rankings really matter with 18 year olds, they can make huge jumps over the next season or two. By 21, big jumps become less likely, which is why people soured on Kaplan, so so freshman year is ok, but not improving as a sophomore? Uh oh.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Meh. No one's rankings really matter with 18 year olds, they can make huge jumps over the next season or two. By 21, big jumps become less likely, which is why people soured on Kaplan, so so freshman year is ok, but not improving as a sophomore? Uh oh.
Did you not expect more from Kaplan this past season?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I'm not alleging that Berglund should be top 9ish yet.

But it doesn't strike you as odd that Pautov would be 11 and Berglund 15, when Berglund was just picked 51st and is coming off a strong WJC summer showcase and Pautov was picked 173rd in the same draft and doesn't have a recent showcase to increase his standing?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Flyers are down on him as they do not feel he is progressing to their liking. If he doesn't pick it up good chance he isn't signed.

I liked the pick at the time and thought for sure he was an NHL player. Time will tell.

Yeah no doubt over a 7th rd pick.
I liked the Kaplan pick. Expected better from him this last season. But I think he'll have a good junior year this season and recover his standing a bit. He was always a developmental pick and those big guys often take time.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Imagine if Wild fans voted for a kid picked 135th over a kid picked 50th a few years ago.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Gill is probably one of those players you won't be able to judge for three years, if he fills out and can improve his skating and still show his smooth skill set, you hit the jackpot, if he's skinny and slow, you have the next Zamula.

Spencer Gill is a big, mobile, puck-moving defenseman with skills that aren't easy to find in the game today, according to Jean-Francois Damphousse of NHL Central Scouting.

"When you look 4-to-6 years down the road, you're seeing a 6-foot-3, right-handed shot who can move the puck really well," Damphousse told the "NHL Draft Class" podcast. "There's obviously some parts in his game that need some work but for me, the hockey IQ, the way he manages the puck, the way that he sees his options on breakouts and transition plays are kind of rare in today's hockey.

"It was the five-year projection that kind of put Gill over the top for me."

Last edited:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Gill is probably one of those players you won't be able to judge for three years, if he fills out and can improve his skating and still show his smooth skill set, you hit the jackpot, if he's skinny and slow, you have the next Zamula.

Spencer Gill is a big, mobile, puck-moving defenseman with skills that aren't easy to find in the game today, according to Jean-Francois Damphousse of NHL Central Scouting.

"When you look 4-to-6 years down the road, you're seeing a 6-foot-3, right-handed shot who can move the puck really well," Damphousse told the "NHL Draft Class" podcast. "There's obviously some parts in his game that need some work but for me, the hockey IQ, the way he manages the puck, the way that he sees his options on breakouts and transition plays are kind of rare in today's hockey.

"It was the five-year projection that kind of put Gill over the top for me."
sounds like an Attard write up

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
sounds like an Attard write up
No one has described Attard as a "high IQ player."

Attard has a great shot for a D-man, big physical, his skating was questionable and has never really improved. Played a rover in college and has taken time to adjust to a conventional D-man role.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
No one has described Attard as a "high IQ player."

Attard has a great shot for a D-man, big physical, his skating was questionable and has never really improved. Played a rover in college and has taken time to adjust to a conventional D-man role.
Didn't you used to sing Attards praises? Saying he will be in the top 6.

Hs skating is fine. He will never ever get a legit chance while in this organization.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
21.67 average for D-men
Zamula 20.60
Attard 20.80
Ginning 21.10
Seeler 21.68
Now Attard had a smaller sample, so he might edge a bit higher over a full season.

Where lack of top speed and burst hurts a D-man is getting back, which means he has to be more careful attacking the O-zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad