2024/25 Europe League / Conference League - league phase

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
The bad week continues for Buli teams, as Eintracht aren't really dominating noname Latvia team RFS at home. 0-0 near half time, and Marmoush who's been killing it in the league has been invisible.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Chelsea putting Panathinaikos to the sword in the early second half in Greece. Three goals within the first 15 minutes of the second half takes it from 1-0 to 4-0.

Mudryk with 1+2, Felix with 2 goals, Nkunku just potted a penalty with a face full of laser.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Still not convinced with the systematc Cucurella cutting in from LB position into midfield and going high up near the opponent box.

Pana goal started with a breakthrough from his flank and just a minute ago Mudryk had to desperately scramble back to cover the opponent who was about to exploit the LB area vacated by Cucurella.

I wonder if Cucurella playing this role has been net positive during the season so far.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Still not convinced with the systematc Cucurella cutting in from LB position into midfield and going high up near the opponent box.

Pana goal started with a breakthrough from his flank and just a minute ago Mudryk had to desperately scramble back to cover the opponent who was about to exploit the LB area vacated by Cucurella.

I wonder if Cucurella playing this role has been net positive during the season so far.
It works a lot better with Colwill and Caicedo on the pitch. But I did prefer Cucurella cutting in as it worked under Poch's system, where he slid as an additional 6, versus in Enzo's where he basically becomes a left 8.

I think it's been a net positive, but I do prefer it when it's the right back inverting simply because I think Gusto is better than Cucurella offensively and Cucurella is adept at tucking in as a third CB.

Reactions: gary69

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Frankfurt finally have their breakthrough, goal by Larsson, the young Swede with a nice finish. RFS had a couple of huge chances including a post by Mykheyev, who looks like a player.

Mikey Moore starts for Spurs against Alkmaar, excited to see him

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Ruben van Bommel (yes, it's his son) is the player to watch from Alkmaar, who also start old Spurs acquaintance Troy Parrott and Jordy Clasie

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Big double save by Onana. Been one of United's best players this season.

Great block by Ugarte to deny Tadic. Also won the ball back before United scored. Nice finish by Eriksen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad