Prospect Info: 2024-25 Ducks Prospects

Oct 18, 2011
Top 3 picks in their D+1 year should be dominant players if they're in juniors. Let's give it a few weeks before worrying to much, that being said because Anaheim went off the board and kinda made a "we're going to show everyone how smart we are' pick the reality is he's just going to be under a microscope because of the players they passed on.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Anyone watched the games? Sounds like the whole team is bad, but yeah even with injury and shortened training, one would expect he'd create and score.

Certainly concerning but also - super small sanple size.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
My concerns about slow start is because of his size + speed + IQ + skill he should be absolutely overpowering junior level competition. Even Sam Steel absolutely destroyed the juniors in his post draft year and he was small with mediocre speed.
Steel played for the best team in junior hockey. Josh mahura was over a point per game on that Regina team.

People need to be patient. The important thing is that he works on good habits and builds his physical strength.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Top 3 picks in their D+1 year should be dominant players if they're in juniors. Let's give it a few weeks before worrying to much, that being said because Anaheim went off the board and kinda made a "we're going to show everyone how smart we are' pick the reality is he's just going to be under a microscope because of the players they passed on.
In fairness, ducks clearly drafted a high upside player with potential but that also needed a ton of seasoning

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I’m definitely not sounding the alarm. I’m just saying he HAS to be a high point producer this season in Juniors.

I’m willing to be patient but there’s no excuses for the production to not be there by the end of the year. Fingers crossed
Exactly this. I’m not sure how this is even a controversial stance tbh.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
But nobody’s panicking. That’s what I don’t get. He just has to produce at an elite level over the course of this season.

If we get to the end of the year and he has 70 points in 68 games or something, I’ll definitely be panicking.

This guys a 3rd overall pick. He needs to put up 90-100 points minimum in his D+1 in the OHL to be considered an elite tier prospect that he should be.

I have my fingers crossed he gets cooking soon

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
But nobody’s panicking. That’s what I don’t get. He just has to produce at an elite level over the course of this season.

If we get to the end of the year and he has 70 points in 68 games or something, I’ll definitely be panicking.

This guys a 3rd overall pick. He needs to put up 90-100 points minimum in his D+1 in the OHL to be considered an elite tier prospect that he should be.

I have my fingers crossed he gets cooking soon
I’m not saying you are by any means, I agree with you, but I’m going to adjust for that injury causing a delay in his physical development, which is far more necessary than for the average 3rd overall pick IMO - he’s a project. I’m referring to a couple posters a little further up the page making career predictions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad