Speculation: 2024-25 Coaching/Management/Ownership

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You're getting serious pushback, but nothing wrong with latching into another team while the Ducks sort their shit out. I was cheering for the Oil in the playoffs but as soon as the regular season starts again then it's back to:
Ducks

Everyone else

Ya I mean I consider myself a hockey fan before a ducks fan, but ducks are and always will be my main team but I talk on kings, sharks, bruins boards…. And pop in on a few others from time to time.

But I mostly just love the sport, and watching the ups and downs of teams around the league.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I’m starting to feel like we all need to have a long term secondary team to root for, maybe even the Kings (but probably an original 6 American team like the Bruins). Its like being a Clippers or Angels fan but knowing that the Lakers and Dodgers are teams that are committed to winning and not just their bottom line, whereas the Clippers and Angels have the most dysfunctional owners and management.

It was a real miracle to have won our first cup. We really need to honor Burke with a statue for bringing a winning expectation and mindset. He recruited stars and free agents and wasn’t scared of making moves to make progress. I’m not sure when we will have that leadership again.

Or you could also follow all the Ducks prospects to keep you pre-occupied during the Ducks' season. We got the AHL (Gulls), the WHL, the NCAA, and the European prospects. Following the top prospects generally makes all happy since they're producing at a high rate. For example, you can follow SHL's Farjestad BK because we will have two prospects playing on that team in G Clara and LD Solberg, the Norwegian Nightmare.

There's a few on here that report on our prospects daily in season. You can join in on the fun.

Gotta say that your post feels this feels like it belongs in Reddit's AITA thread.

Reactions: Yemeth

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Or you could also follow all the Ducks prospects to keep you pre-occupied during the Ducks' season. We got the AHL (Gulls), the WHL, the NCAA, and the European prospects. Following the top prospects generally makes all happy since they're producing at a high rate. For example, you can follow SHL's Farjestad BK because we will have two prospects playing on that team in G Clara and LD Solberg, the Norwegian Nightmare.

There's a few on here that report on our prospects daily in season. You can join in on the fun.

Gotta say that your post feels this feels like it belongs in Reddit's AITA thread.
I don’t mind losing like the inception years but for got sakes, dress some guys who compete and have some pride. Score goals, work hard, execute some semblance of a gameplan, and dish out big hits to create some excitement. We are the softest and unentertaining team in the league that enjoy taking the most soft penalties. Sure there’s three other teams that are on a longer streak, but it’s actually pretty hard to be this bad for this long, and now at all levels.

I do enjoy watching our prospects grow and develop, bringing some hope…and that’s why I’ve been on this site so long, but the futility these past years have been unbearable. Six years of continuous losing is a very long time in one’s life’s. What good does talented prospects do when they get stunted in development in our dysfunction. It’s no wonder so many former prospects flourish elsewhere. I genuinely feel bad for our young guns like Zegras who doesn’t get the organizational support he needs and he probably can’t wait to leave.

Reactions: snowave

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
It's totally understandable that players like March or Stamkos would prefer to play on teams closer to winning at their age. The taxes thing is way overblown. It's a bummer but, based on PV's comments the other night, it seemed like he knew this outcome and we shouldn't be surprised. Most of the deals were ridiculous. I don't want those players at age 38.

The Ducks are still below the cap and they obviously need to do something. A trade is the only option. PV's targets were for clear: a top 6 forward. I expect to see him trade for one. Laine makes a lot of sense as a buy low candidate. I've come around.

Reactions: Rybread86

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
It's totally understandable that players like March or Stamkos would prefer to play on teams closer to winning at their age. The taxes thing is way overblown. It's a bummer but, based on PV's comments the other night, it seemed like he knew this outcome and we shouldn't be surprised. Most of the deals were ridiculous. I don't want those players at age 38.

The Ducks are still below the cap and they obviously need to do something. A trade is the only option. PV's targets were for clear: a top 6 forward. I expect to see him trade for one. Laine makes a lot of sense as a buy low candidate. I've come around.
I have also come around on Laine. He won't cost much and his contract is the right length for our current situation. Hopefully he can put his issues behind him.

Reactions: Hey234

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I’m starting to feel like we all need to have a long term secondary team to root for, maybe even the Kings (but probably an original 6 American team like the Bruins). Its like being a Clippers or Angels fan but knowing that the Lakers and Dodgers are teams that are committed to winning and not just their bottom line, whereas the Clippers and Angels have the most dysfunctional owners and management.

It was a real miracle to have won our first cup. We really need to honor Burke with a statue for bringing a winning expectation and mindset. He recruited stars and free agents and wasn’t scared of making moves to make progress. I’m not sure when we will have that leadership again.

GMYetZzbsAAT2x9.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Bender66

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013

Kings? You think Ducks fans should root for the Kings? I get that you're upset, but you're starting to say things that can't be taken back. F the Kings! Go be a Doughty fan boy, if that's what dips your corndog. I will be here, rooting for my team.

We should all be hockey fans. We should like to watch other teams too. But, the Kings?! Have some respect for yourself.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Kings? You think Ducks fans should root for the Kings? I get that you're upset, but you're starting to say things that can't be taken back. F the Kings! Go be a Doughty fan boy, if that's what dips your corndog. I will be here, rooting for my team.

We should all be hockey fans. We should like to watch other teams too. But, the Kings?! Have some respect for yourself.
I wanted to poke the bear in our Duck fans... i hate the kings...

Seriously though, our team needs to make some moves. If Verbeek's plan was to weaponize our cap space, I want to see moves adding good players and not just futures. Adding guys like Ross Colton, swapping Gibson/McGinn for Husso/Compher, etc. would make a difference. I'm not sure Trouba/Kaako, Laine, or Kotkaniemi would be good adds but if we can get them with a sweetener we can take that chance. If we somehow can obtain McGroarty or Pinto without trading big assets those would be potential good long term additions.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks

IMG_4141.gif

Reactions: ZegrassyKnoll

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I wanted to poke the bear in our Duck fans... i hate the kings...

Seriously though, our team needs to make some moves. If Verbeek's plan was to weaponize our cap space, I want to see moves adding good players and not just futures. Adding guys like Ross Colton, swapping Gibson/McGinn for Husso/Compher, etc. would make a difference. I'm not sure Trouba/Kaako, Laine, or Kotkaniemi would be good adds but if we can get them with a sweetener we can take that chance. If we somehow can obtain McGroarty or Pinto without trading big assets those would be potential good long term additions.
Thank god! I was worried.

I agree, I would like to see us make more moves too. But, the off season isn't over yet. I think it would be more appropriate to judge the team and PV at the start of the season. He clearly has more to do based on the salary floor. I'm choosing to remain hopeful and judge our off season once the off season is over. He pleasantly shocked me with Gauthier/Drysdale, maybe he has another trick up another sleave.

Reactions: cheesymc

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Pandemic championship in the bubble? That counts about as much as the Dodgers one, i.e. no one cares.
every team played under the same conditions and players have said it was some of the hardest bball they've ever played

but sure, it "doesn't count" because you say so

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
the lakers literally won a championship less than 4 years ago
In the bubble and LeFraud has destroyed the team since. Like he has done to every team he is on because he thinks he is the smartest person in the NBA. Hell he made them draft his kid who is not even a legit nba player and then made them give his kid a multi year guaranteed contract. He opted out for leverage to use for his kid. It actually saddens me the Lakers allow him to drive their proud franchise into the ground.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
In the bubble and LeFraud has destroyed the team since. Like he has done to every team he is on because he thinks he is the smartest person in the NBA. Hell he made them draft his kid who is not even a legit nba player and then made them give his kid a multi year guaranteed contract. He opted out for leverage to use for his kid.
why does it matter if it was in the bubble? every team played under the same conditions and the lakers lost the home court advantage they would've had if the season hadn't been paused

drafting his kid is stupid, but lebron literally saved the lakers from the basement they were in for the 5-6 years prior to him arriving and led them to a title. 2021 team was looking like they could have repeated before lebron and AD got hurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad