Speculation: 2024-25 Coaching/Management/Ownership

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
The Ducks are hosting a free event on June 30, shortly after the draft. Here are some details (Link to site):
1718224172817.png

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
If they have something "mighty" in store for us, that's probably when they'll be either publishing or showing the first new jerseys then. Good to know.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
If they have something "mighty" in store for us, that's probably when they'll be either publishing or showing the first new jerseys then. Good to know.
There is no way we draft 3rd overall and give that player last year’s jersey. The first day of the draft (June 28) is the absolute latest day for them to debut the new jersey. This event on June 30 is most likely the first time fans can purchase a jersey.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Broadcom(AVGO) just blew out their earnings. Trading at $1,680 in after hours trading

Henry Samueli is a ridiculously rich person these days…he owns 9.5 million shares of Broadcom..good lord

Bad for society but good for Anaheim and the Ducks

Reactions: Static

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Broadcom(AVGO) just blew out their earnings. Trading at $1,680 in after hours trading

Henry Samueli is a ridiculously rich person these days…he owns 9.5 million shares of Broadcom..good lord

And they pay a 21 USD annual dividend. Roughly 200 millions per year for them.

Reactions: AngelDuck

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach

I own 100 shares of Broadcom, so I have 0.00105% of the amount of shares as Samueli. My 100 shares is a lot of money to me. It still doesn't give me any influence on the ownership of the Ducks, alas.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I own 100 shares of Broadcom, so I have 0.00105% of the amount of shares as Samueli. My 100 shares is a lot of money to me. It still doesn't give me any influence on the ownership of the Ducks, alas.
Congrats! I have 50 myself and that feels like a TON to me lol

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Say if this roster brings in the necessary talent to improve (on paper). Does anyone really believe that this coaching staff will bring in the results?
Hard to say. New PP coach, and do we get the buy-in that we got at the start of the season, or do we just repeat the train of injuries due to the overtraining and then crush the “give a shit” out of the roster again? Do enough of the young players (looking at you McTavish) figure out how to be effective for more than 40 games? Can Mintyukov play well above 3rd pairing duties? Is Fowler going to be sacrificed on the altar of nobody else is better than a 4D so he has to play half the game?

:dunno:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Hard to say. New PP coach, and do we get the buy-in that we got at the start of the season, or do we just repeat the train of injuries due to the overtraining and then crush the “give a shit” out of the roster again? Do enough of the young players (looking at you McTavish) figure out how to be effective for more than 40 games? Can Mintyukov play well above 3rd pairing duties? Is Fowler going to be sacrificed on the altar of nobody else is better than a 4D so he has to play half the game?

:dunno:

I think the injuries subject should be at the forefront. In a Ducks interview with Carlsson, Minty, and Zell, the former two recalled having to have played injured for the first time in their careers. With Mac, we have witnessed him get injured, wear a boot, and the next play be playing on the ice. When Mac was healthy in those first 20 games, he was over a point-per-game while dragging Strome and Vatrano to new heights. It is my belief that Mac was playing injured since the first 20 games, when it looked like he hurt his back. I think he played on for a couple more games before being shutdown. I don't know why we're forcing our youths to play through injuries when they're still developing their bodies to become men?

Our injuries and being overworked might have lead to the team committing far too many penalties. Cut down on penalties and we save GA's, even if our PK unit is mediocre.

The next item is our ES offense. I don't think Cronin can adapt to the talent given to him. If it wasn't for our 12 shorties, then we would be scoring under 200 GFs on the whole for the season.

But after reading Cronin was just following what PV wanted, it's kinda difficult to gauge Cronin's coaching abilities. Did we improve our defense (GA) because of Cronin or because of improvement of talent on the blue line? I'm just not fond of coaches who say they have no idea and throw the players under the bus.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Say if this roster brings in the necessary talent to improve (on paper). Does anyone really believe that this coaching staff will bring in the results?
I think to be certain that they can bring results and to be certain they can't bring results would be equally foolish at this point.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Honestly I don’t really think so and I honestly wouldn’t doubt if there was much expectation to do so. Cronin’s never really won much anywhere and when he was brought in all the praise was about teaching. I suppose a big step forward could change things but I always figured he was never seen as the long-term guy, he’s just here to coach up the younger guys and let that next step come with the next guy.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Given Clune’s history as a player, I doubt he would be a PP coach.

EDIT: Looking at some comments, it seems like Clune is a very popular guy. He has overcome addiction issues and it seems like players like him a lot. No clue what his role was as a coach or if he was any good at it. He actually only became an assistant coach in December after taking over for a guy who had to go on medical leave.

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

I’m not sure if there is a site to look this up, but I’d be interested in seeing the difference in the Marlies’ PP from before and after Clune took over in late November.
I’m fascinated to hear how a guy with a career high of 24 points in the AHL coaches a powerplay. And to be clear, that isn’t sarcasm.

Han coached Clune for a bit on the Marlies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
This is the main thing I remember from Clune's career, skip to 0:33. I think he had a pretty wild twitter account for a bit too but he's always seemed popular among players.

Reactions: DuckDuckGetz

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I’m fascinated to hear how a guy with a career high of 24 points in the AHL coaches a powerplay. And to be clear, that isn’t sarcasm.

Han coached Clune for a bit on the Marlies.

The two are barely related. Coaching is very different than playing. There are guys with fantastic minds and communication skills who did not have the physical skills to match. And the converse is true as well - there are plenty of players who could play the game at the highest level, but just don't do well at Xs and Os, or at teaching concepts to other players.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
The two are barely related. Coaching is very different than playing. There are guys with fantastic minds and communication skills who did not have the physical skills to match. And the converse is true as well - there are plenty of players who could play the game at the highest level, but just don't do well at Xs and Os, or at teaching concepts to other players.

If they were related, then Gretzky would also be the GOAT coach of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad