Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
If he continue to improve and hit his ceilling futur top 9 look really good.
Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
Dach-Hage-Demidov
Newhook-Kapanen-Roy
Roy? If Roy continues to look like he has this pre-season, he'll be in Europe before long. Woof.

Reactions: Hannibal

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If he continue to improve and hit his ceilling futur top 9 look really good.
Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
Dach-Hage-Demidov
Newhook-Kapanen-Roy
Hopefully Laine is part of the future!

Then you have Kapanen - Hage - Newhook/Roy/Beck fighting for last top 9 spot.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
nnMp8I.gif

Lol pot and kettle

(Not you, the poster)

• Haha
Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not the same caliber of prospect. Hage should have gone top 15 and that's based on a season that started slow due to tragedy and injury recovery.

Mesar was a legit late first rounder.
I think Team Canada are insane if they don't look at this kid very very closely.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
There's no trigger. People can like and dislike who they choose. But there's no need to lie about things to make a point, lol.
Mesar is a small soft winger who is invisible most of the game. Even if Hage had 0 point but played like he has during the first 2 games he would still look more promising. You know actual skill matter more than point total in lower league. Like being 6"1, good shot, good vision and have you seen his zone entry? Mesar never looked that promising. Also scoring in the Ncaa is harder than the ohl so his 4 points in 2 game are more impressive

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Mesar is a small soft winger who is invisible most of the game. Even if Hage had 0 point but played like he has during the first 2 games he would still look more promising. You know actual skill matter more than point total in lower league. Like being 6"1, good shot, good vision and have you seen his zone entry? Mesar never looked that promising. Also scoring in the Ncaa is harder than the ohl so his 4 points in 2 game are more impressive
He’s so good at controlling a zone entry like Eichel. So clean.

Reactions: Andrei79

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Hopefully Laine is part of the future!

Then you have Kapanen - Hage - Newhook/Roy/Beck fighting for last top 9 spot.
I hope Laine is part of the solution as well.

If Hage can somehow equal Dach and be a top 6 player but, slot on our 3rd line for a few years until he is 25ish and undergo a replacement cycle of some of our stars, it is a perfect pipeline of talent.

Let's look way ahead to '27-'28. Hage is D+4 and on his 2nd or 3rd year of ELC, and has continued on his upward trajectory.

Forward group (age in parantheses)

Slaf (23) - Suzuki (28) - Caufield (26)
Laine (29) - Dach (26) - Demidov (21)
Newhook (26) - Hage (21) - Kapanen (24)
Heineman (26) - Beck (23) - Tuch (25)

I understand some players may still be here (ie Roy) while others who are not here we may sign or trade for. It is a luxury to have such a deep forward group.

Our top 6 has a pretty projectable ceiling. If that third line hits ceiling, we will be incredibly difficult to match up against. Hage at age 23-24 could be a replacement for an aging out Suzuki or Laine.

This is how you build a consistent contender and playoff team. Our next 10+ years will be some return to glory for us. I am confident of it.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Roy? If Roy continues to look like he has this pre-season, he'll be in Europe before long. Woof.
What you see now is how he looked in Laval for most of the season

Nice start for Hage. I highly doubt he can keep it up, but if he can, that would be an amazing season

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

He really has a similar style. We were a few on draft day here that were ecstatic about the pick and I think many will understand why this year. He has all the tools to be a very good NHLer starting with his skating and IQ. Extremely happy about the pick and it's a relief having a management team that tries finds players in the draft and targets them. They don't believe it's just a crapshoot like MB. Gorton did the same with KAndre Miller and Braden Schneider, two excellent later picks.

Reactions: SlafySZN

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
This fixation on Roy is mystifying. I hope I'm wrong but with the wave of talent coming, I can't see him and several other current fringe forwards being on this team by the 2027 season. There will be way, way too many better options: Beck, Demidov, Hage, Florian, Thorpe, Kapanen, Sawyer, Tuch, etc. And that doesn't even take into account those 3 first and 4 seconds that Hughes has already garnered over the next 2 years and the free agents that may be added as existing veterans' contracts terminate. Heck, if Allen and the Devils continue to win, that conditional 3rd round pick may well turn into the 5th second rounder.

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
He could have a similar frame too, when all is said and done . Hage is pretty lanky.
And Eichel is a freakish athlete. Some of his gym numbers are insane. He’s a menace in the gym, look at some of his training vids. I remember seeing one a while back of him hang power cleaning 345 in his late teens / early 20s

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
And Eichel is a freakish athlete. Some of his gym numbers are insane. He’s a menace in the gym, look at some of his training vids. I remember seeing one a while back of him hang power cleaning 345 in his late teens / early 20s

There's a video on YouTube of him doing 275x5 hang cleans like it's a joke.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Reminds me more of a bigger Barzal. Some players skate others glide effortlessly. That Hage can control the pace of play against players who are 3 to 4 years older and stronger than him is very impressive. Hage is one of those rare elite puck transporters who can control the flow of play and the type of player that every team is searching for. This kid is going to be a high end player for Montreal.

Last edited:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If Hage makes top 2 center be great. Move Dach to wing. I always thought he'd make it a better winger

I don't know if Dach is a better winger than C, but he is a very very good RW aswell. I would be very happy to see Hage to be the centerman of Caufield and Dach!

Reactions: Ozmodiar

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
We are all excited about Demidov (with reason), but Hage is very special aswell.

The skillset he show so far in NCAA, that's a skillset of a 60-70 pts player in NHL. This guy have elite skating and hands. His hockey IQ, very very good. Good shoot aswell.

I'm so happy with the future of Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad