Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He had teens billing going into his draft year and late hype to go just outside the top ten.

Excellent move to slide up early by Hughes and huge stroke of luck he was there for us.

The offensive toolkit is awesome. That's an encouraging debut on an ok roster against a solid opponent for a first NCAA game.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Hage is like an ace up our sleeves. Let him develop and he can be a huge boost when the time comes. Would be great to add his talent on an ELC when we're looking at playoff contention.

Reactions: jaffy27

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
He looks legit, could have two steals in the first round this year and I f***ing love it, if we can win 2022 and 2024 draft we are in a very good position
Not to nitpick but we didn't steal the 2022 draft because we picked Mesar instead of Kulich or Lambert 😅

2024 draft first round was great, will be interesting to see if any of those later picks pan out.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So we have a legit 2C prospect in Hage. Imagine a time we have to trade a 2C because we have too many. Previous GMs couldn't achieve that.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Montreal handles the Flames in 1989 (in my opinion) if Doug Gilmour wasn’t gift wrapped to Calgary because of his “alleged” proclivities with his underage babysitter. The Blues just wanted him gone (since they were named in the civil suit filed by the girls parents), and sent him and Mark Hunter to Calgary for Mike Bullard, Craig Coxe and some other filler that I cannot recall.

This was the move that won the Flames the Cup, Gilmour was a man possessed against the Habs. The SOB had half of his total playoff goals for the entire post season in that series, and was all over the ice. He was hitting, playing dirty, setting up goals, playing like a superstar. I hated him. He had gotten a second chance and used it to beat the Habs, scoring two goals in the last game to clinch the Cup. I still don’t like him now if I’m being honest.

Thanks for the info. Was not aware of this as I was too young (10) at the time to be cognizant of the reasons Gilmour had been traded.

I despise Lanny McDonald too.
That friggin stache has been haunting my dreams for decades

Reactions: Fatbiggie

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Not to nitpick but we didn't steal the 2022 draft because we picked Mesar instead of Kulich or Lambert 😅

2024 draft first round was great, will be interesting to see if any of those later picks pan out.
From what I'm reading, both Kulich and Lambert will be sent down to the AHL again this year. At least, we will get to compare everyone in the same league now.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I absolutely love Hage as a prospect and was calling for us to take him in live time.

I only meant to compare him to Mesar in the way that they were seemingly forgotten about after being drafted. Drafting Slafkovsky 1st OA and the trading of Romanov to acquire Dach took all of the oxygen out of the room in the same way that the Demidov selection did this season and both Hage and Mesar were almost after thoughts up until their season started.

Hage is a much better prospect than Mesar in every way and I see liitle comparison other than the fact that they are fast and skilled. I wasn't pissed about Mesar at the time but I wanted 2 of Kulich, Beck and Luneau with our 26th pick and the 1st pick of the second round. I wanted Hutson with our late 2nd so needles to say I was happy with that draft overall.

Luneau instead of Mesar at 26 would have been such a killer pick.

Best draft imo (Slaf, Dach, Hutson) above or equal 2007. But with Luneau as our 26th selection would have been incredible.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

We swung there and missed which is fine when 3 of your 4 first picks are Slaf, Beck and Hutson lol. Then later you have Engstrom. Insane draft

Still got Rohrer in the mix too

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm most impressed with Hage's skating. It is absolutely phenomenal in my opinion. The way he uses cross overs to fly through the neutral zone. Then the wide stance to control the puck in the o-zone. He will never have Mcdavid top speed but his skating style really reminds me of him.

Reactions: Redux91 and jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Dach, Beck, Hutson and Engstrom added to Slaf has this draft an epic in the making…all ingredients are in, let’s wait and see if the bread rises.

I'm most impressed with Hage's skating. It is absolutely phenomenal in my opinion. The way he uses cross overs to fly through the neutral zone. Then the wide stance to control the puck in the o-zone. He will never have Mcdavid top speed but his skating style really reminds me of him.
Nobody can skate and handle like McDvd. If he can fly around like Anderson with his skill set and IQ…..As Bob Cole would say….ohhhh baby!

Last edited:
Reactions: Guess and Redux91

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He's very good at controling the puck at full speed too. I'd say he's darn close to a plus skater.

Reactions: SlafySZN

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
He reminds me of Eichel everytime i watch him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad