Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Both things can be true.

The 1989 Habs were at least as good as the 1986 and 1993 Habs.

But Calgary was also the slightly better team in 1989.
Montreal handles the Flames in 1989 (in my opinion) if Doug Gilmour wasn’t gift wrapped to Calgary because of his “alleged” proclivities with his underage babysitter. The Blues just wanted him gone (since they were named in the civil suit filed by the girls parents), and sent him and Mark Hunter to Calgary for Mike Bullard, Craig Coxe and some other filler that I cannot recall.

This was the move that won the Flames the Cup, Gilmour was a man possessed against the Habs. The SOB had half of his total playoff goals for the entire post season in that series, and was all over the ice. He was hitting, playing dirty, setting up goals, playing like a superstar. I hated him. He had gotten a second chance and used it to beat the Habs, scoring two goals in the last game to clinch the Cup. I still don’t like him now if I’m being honest.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Montreal handles the Flames in 1989 (in my opinion) if Doug Gilmour wasn’t gift wrapped to Calgary because of his “alleged” proclivities with his underage babysitter. The Blues just wanted him gone (since they were named in the civil suit filed by the girls parents), and sent him and Mark Hunter to Calgary for Mike Bullard, Craig Coxe and some other filler that I cannot recall.

This was the move that won the Flames the Cup, Gilmour was a man possessed against the Habs. The SOB had half of his total playoff goals for the entire post season in that series, and was all over the ice. He was hitting, playing dirty, setting up goals, playing like a superstar. I hated him. He had gotten a second chance and used it to beat the Habs, scoring two goals in the last game to clinch the Cup. I still don’t like him now if I’m being honest.
I despise Lanny McDonald too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad