Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yes, I am interested to see how Eiserman and Michkov's careers play out... As well as Hage and Reinbacher.
Once we took Demidov, Eiserman made less sense for us. We have a bunch of skilled players and can use some positional versatility. If we’d drafted Lidstrom then I’d have wanted Eiserman a lot more. But if you add Eiserman with Demidov and Caufield… it’s a lot of the same type of player.

Love the idea of Eiserman and he could pan out into an incredible player. But he has holes in his game that he needs to work on. Boom or bust.

They already traded up. He wasn’t there for them. Not sure Habs would’ve taken him even if he was. Hughes said they would’ve traded the pick if Hage wasn’t there so I don’t think Eiserman their target with that pick and certainly not with the Demidov pick.
He also said they would’ve drafted differently if they didn’t get Demidov. I suspect we’d have gone after Eiserman if we’d gotten a power forward instead.

For f***s sakes lol..
And I was thought I was tearing up last time..

He HAD to be the pick
I can't believe how much he himself wanted it, wow
What a 1st round...
Still doesn't feel real
Awesome to draft players who want to be here.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Once we took Demidov, Eiserman made less sense for us. We have a bunch of skilled players and can use some positional versatility. If we’d drafted Lidstrom then I’d have wanted Eiserman a lot more. But if you add Eiserman with Demidov and Caufield… it’s a lot of the same type of player.

Love the idea of Eiserman and he could pan out into an incredible player. But he has holes in his game that he needs to work on. Boom or bust.

I agree with all this.

On the one hand, I would have liked to have seen what we be with:
Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Eiserman - Dach - Demidov

On the other hand, I trust the scouts. And so far Hage looks to me like Guy Carboneau with a little more offense. That could be huge.

Yes, they are becoming fewer and farther between. People should remember that before clamouring for the team to trade Matheson.

I don't see Hughes trading Matheson this year. And then as every year it's see how the team looks and what moves need to be made.

matheson is too important right now. But, moving forward one of Matheson, Guhle, Hutson, or Xhekaj will likely have to go. Guhle has to get back on the left side ASAP.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I agree with all this.

On the one hand, I would have liked to have seen what we be with:
Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Eiserman - Dach - Demidov

On the other hand, I trust the scouts. And so far Hage looks to me like Guy Carboneau with a little more offense. That could be huge.
Yeah. I'd have loved to have had him. Imagine throwing Eiserman on the 3rd line. :laugh:

But he didn't fall to us so it doesn't matter. We got Demidov and that should check the box we've been missing. There's a lot of talent up front all of a sudden.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
As for Hage, I find it quite astonishing there was not that much hype on him pre draft because when you watch him play the last stretch of the season you could see superstar potential.
He had an injury plagued D - 1 season and he was never on the team canada program, so he ended up being a bit under the radar. The hockey gods were on our side on this one.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I still do not get this obsession with Eiserman. I still see huge bust potential in him.

As for Hage, I find it quite astonishing there was not that much hype on him pre draft because when you watch him play the last stretch of the season you could see superstar potential.
Personnally, I love that Eiserman went before. I can be insanely excited to see what Hage is doing...and hope for the best for Eiserman who I think the really bad reviews were exagerrated. Love to see him and Hage hug in that video too.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I still do not get this obsession with Eiserman. I still see huge bust potential in him.

If he have put 1,72ppg all season long and not only just his 29 last games, he would go to top 5, for sure.

The only reason he put only 25 pts in his 25 first games, that's the dead of his father in the beginning and he have a injured just before too.

So yeah, when you watch his skillset, he have some star//superstar potential in him!

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I don't see Hughes trading Matheson this year. And then as every year it's see how the team looks and what moves need to be made.

matheson is too important right now. But, moving forward one of Matheson, Guhle, Hutson, or Xhekaj will likely have to go. Guhle has to get back on the left side ASAP.
Trading one of the game’s most mobile defencemen who plays 25 plus minutes per game, scores 60+ points a season and is signed for a team friendly contract of under $5M for the next two years would be an act of organizational folly unless the return is so substantial that it can’t be refused.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Trading one of the game’s most mobile defencemen who plays 25 plus minutes per game, scores 60+ points a season and is signed for a team friendly contract of under $5M for the next two years would be an act of organizational folly unless the return is so substantial that it can’t be refused.
He is just too important right now................

As for Hage, just wow, the boys drafted a gem here folks.
Gotta give Bobrov his due on his drafts with the Habs.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

After decades of ineptness, the current management team has shown an intuitive approach at all stages of the draft whether by resisting the consensus to pass on taking Wright, or by ‘gambling’ on the talent of an undersized Hutson or by finding impactful value in under appreciated players like Florian Xhekaj.

Its inspired drafting like this that allows you to build a contender.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

This is all Hughes, he had the foresight and the balls to draft up in the range to be able to pick this incredible kid.

So many people were disappointed or mad at the trade at the time, but it was the right move.

What a draft.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
His mom got me, for sure.

I just want this kid to do well so bad. You can tell his "fandom" isn't lip service like some other prospects you pick that know like the basics (24 cups, original six, etc). He rattled off specific moments of recent playoffs that he loved watching and gave it a bit to the Leafs for blowing a 3-1 lead against us.

I would love him to succeed here. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on his development.
Same here, I worked with his mom about 25 years ago in Montreal, she is one of those truly genuine nice people. She is an accountant, if he makes it big he will have support on the money management side.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Personnally, I love that Eiserman went before. I can be insanely excited to see what Hage is doing...and hope for the best for Eiserman who I think the really bad reviews were exagerrated. Love to see him and Hage hug in that video too.
Yeah I believe if Eiserman had Hage’s humility he would’ve gone top 10.
I truly understand ego & self confidence but it can work against you if it’s not tempered with humility. In the room an over inflated ego is usually handled by the vets. I’m not saying Eiserman is that guy I wish him all the success, he might have the best one timer in the draft. Hage appears to be a more complete player without the elite shot. Michkov, Eiserman & Lindstrom had real concerns with health, attitude/work ethic & overall game so walking away with Reinbacher, Demidov & Hage gives us 3 elite & coachable young men with high ceilings. Stoked, it feels good to have a management you can trust.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Yeah I believe if Eiserman had Hage’s humility he would’ve gone top 10.
I truly understand ego & self confidence but it can work against you if it’s not tempered with humility. In the room an over inflated ego is usually handled by the vets. I’m not saying Eiserman is that guy I wish him all the success, he might have the best one timer in the draft. Hage appears to be a more complete player without the elite shot. Michkov, Eiserman & Lindstrom had real concerns with health, attitude/work ethic & overall game so walking away with Reinbacher, Demidov & Hage gives us 3 elite & coachable young men with high ceilings. Stoked, it feels good to have a management you can trust.
Add to that Wright vs slaf

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Yes, they are becoming fewer and farther between. People should remember that before clamouring for the team to trade Matheson.
I don't hate Matheson but he's taking valuable time on the powerplay from our best prospects. And we have an overload of lefty defensemen. I don't think it's a move that should be rushed, but they have to start thinking about it. We'd still have Savard as a solid mentor and in a weaker position (RD).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

You said it - he's signed for 2 more years at that rate. His salary will increase when it is time to contend.

We'll see over the next 3 years which 3 LD Hughes decides to keep from among
Matheson
Guhle
Hutson
Xhekaj
Engstrom
Struble

Can only keep 3 and salary csp considerations, mix of the dcore, and who can bring the greatest return/help on other areas will all factor in to who to keep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad