Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
When they traded up, I was hoping for Hage. Then Eiserman fell and I hoped we could land him but with hindsight I think I prefer Hage

I was hoping for Hage but if the Islanders picked him I would have been happy with Eiserman.

Just stoked that we got both of Demidov and Hage as coming into the draft I was hoping for:

- 5th OA Demidov and if he is not there then Iginla
-21st OA either one of Hage or Luchanko as I love both of them as prospects but could live with any of Boisvert, MBN, Greentree, Jiricek, Surin or Beaudoin if Hage or Luchanko were not there. I did not expect Eiserman to fall to 21 (which he didn't but was awfully close lol). I would still have taken Hage or Luchanko over Eiserman though.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The more I read, coupled with the interviews, the family story, and his performance this past week, I get fired up about Michael Hage! I expect him to have a great freshman season at Michigan! Nothing is guaranteed when drafting teenagers but damn it feels like the Habs nabbed two excellent 1st rounders.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I think his Dad is from MTL, and he's born/raised in Mississauga
He is as a montrealwr as most of the city. Only a xeno French media can ignore that fact . Heck his grand parents still live there .
If they want to ignore he is a montreal cause he lived away for long , then by all means let them start by calling Celine a Las Vegas american

Last edited:

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
The more I read, coupled with the interviews, the family story, and his performance this past week, I get fired up about Michael Hage! I expect him to have a great freshman season at Michigan! Nothing is guaranteed when drafting teenagers but damn it feels like the Habs nabbed two excellent 1st rounders.
I too am hoping that Michael Hage was a true home run pick that we all talk about drafting with our late 1st rounders! Ready to follow his progress at Michigan & maybe I'll try to get over to see a game.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
To carry over from the Demidov thread, since he wears number 9, do you think the Richard family will give him permission to wear 9 for the Canadiens? Seems only fair, Richard hasn't scored for the Habs in 60 years.

:sarcasm:
Imo.....I believe the majority of the retired numbers should be available to current players. If they wanted to do Rocket, Lafleur, Gros Bill....sure, but release the rest. Those numbers hang from the ceiling and are celebrated each time a patron enters the building. I've always liked the ring of honour type idea for star players, while I've always respected the truly elite/franchise altering players having their number retired. Those are few and far in between and how it should be done.

As for your question, Rocket is one of those franchise/game altering players that shouldn't have his number worn by another player for this fanchise.

Reactions: rve24

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
He is as a montrealwr as most of the city. Only a xeno French media can ignore that fact . Heck his grand parents still live there .
If they want to ignore he is a montreal cause he lived away for long , then by all means let them start by calling Celine a Las Vegas american
He's born and raised in Mississauga and has never lived in Montreal but he's a montrealer?

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
To carry over from the Demidov thread, since he wears number 9, do you think the Richard family will give him permission to wear 9 for the Canadiens? Seems only fair, Richard hasn't scored for the Habs in 60 years.

:sarcasm:
I heard the league is letting him wear 99 because by the time his career is over nobody will remember Gretzky anyway

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
91 is perfect for Demidov. Hage will be perfect with 13. Or....17....as soon as possible....

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Montreal /Quebec parents , montreal /Quebec grandparents well yea he is .
While Hage has significant family ties to Montreal, he is not a Montrealer. Like Hage, my son was born in Mississauga and I'm from Montreal. If my parents were still alive they would be living in Montreal. I still identify as a Montrealer and my son is a die hard Habs fan and loves visiting Montreal, but he does not consider himself to be a Montrealer. He's from Mississauga, just like Hage.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
My father's entire family were born in Sicily but he was born in Montreal. Never heard him say he's from Sicily, because he's not. He has roots there, but that's it.

Hage will treated like royalty wether he'd been born in Montreal or not.
That I agree , but remember my reply was to the toxic French media that says we did not draft any locals …to me he is a local …. Thanks it . No more to it then that

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Montrealer or Mississaugian?
Is that really important? It diverts us from the real issue: What’s the colour of this player’s hair?
We are the only board, that has these crazy discussions.
It's hockey folks.................the kid is looking like a real gem! That.............is what the thread is about.
Where he was born, should not be a big deal to anyone, but it is to the media in Montreal, go figure.

Reactions: Habs13 and Runner77

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Habs nailed it perfectly in this year 1st round draft.

I really believe that Demidov and Hage will both play in top 6 and have huge impact. Demidov will put more points, for sure. But don't underrated the offensive talent of Hage, I ranked him #16 in my final rankings and I always see a great top 6 player in him. Center or winger, he have all tools to put a lot of points, if everything go well, I see 60-65 points type of season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs nailed it perfectly in this year 1st round draft.

I really believe that Demidov and Hage will both play in top 6 and have huge impact. Demidov will put more points, for sure. But don't underrated the offensive talent of Hage, I ranked him #16 in my final rankings and I always see a great top 6 player in him. Center or winger, he have all tools to put a lot of points, if everything go well, I see 60-65 points type of season.

I always like to follow the players we picked and the players we passed on. Reinbacher versus Michkov, Hage versus Eiserman, etc... Eiserman and Michkov got more fanfare. But that doesn't mean much.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I always like to follow the players we picked and the players we passed on. Reinbacher versus Michkov, Hage versus Eiserman, etc... Eiserman and Michkov got more fanfare. But that doesn't mean much.

We don't really passed on Eiserman, even if think Hage would be the pick if both are there.

Hage is much more complete player than Eiserman, much more compete guy aswell, better fit for a playoff game. Eiserman have goalscoring instinct, but Zadina too have always that instinct... looks today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad