Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Is there any reason Hage didn’t make the leap to the NCAA this year like Celebrini? Is it because he wasn’t offered an opportunity?

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Is there any reason Hage didn’t make the leap to the NCAA this year like Celebrini? Is it because he wasn’t offered an opportunity?
Article from last year

Celebrini, who will not turn 17 until June, is slated to attend Boston University next season after accelerating his schooling to enter college early.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I wonder if anyone here had a chance to truly watch Hage playing. If yes, what do you think of him ?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That Gauthier debacle is surprising as it seems that American kids would love playing in Philly.
I think, like McGroarty it's more of an entitled mentality than a "I'm not playing there".

Both Gauthier and McGroarty seem to have been turned off because they thought they were ready to play and their teams didn't, so they want to go elsewhere.

Flyers didn't want the extra cap from Gauthier signing. Jets didn't want to put a rookie in when they were pushing for the highest possible spot and ramping up for the playoffs.

I get it for the Jets and it sucks for them, but if Philly didn't sign tools like Ristolainen they wouldn't have that cap problem.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Helenius would've been a good option too.
I see more top end potential with Hage. I truly believe that he is one of the most under the radar player from memory (he has it all). Honestly what is the obvious difference between Sennecke and Hage?

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I see more top end potential with Hage. I truly believe that he is one of the most under the radar player from memory (he has it all). Honestly what is the obvious difference between Sennecke and Hage?
I'll admit that I've only seen a bit of tape of Hage, but the first few things that pop into my mind are that Sennecke's taller, has nastier mitts, and is a more creative playmaker.

I honestly really liked Sennecke, had him at #6 on my list. To me he was the 4th best playmaker in the draft (after Celebrini, Demidov, and Catton).

Reactions: Andrei79

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I'll admit that I've only seen a bit of tape of Hage, but the first few things that pop into my mind are that Sennecke's taller, has nastier mitts, and is a more creative playmaker.

I honestly really liked Sennecke, had him at #6 on my list. To me he was the 4th best playmaker in the draft (after Celebrini, Demidov, and Catton).
Watch more Hage, his hands are filthy and his vision is amazing as for the size, they have 1 inch difference, not much difference. I am not saying Sennecke is bad, far from it, I am just saying Hage is overlooked! Hage also finished very strong his season just like Sennecke.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Watch more Hage, his hands are filthy and his vision is amazing as for the size, they have 1 inch difference, not much difference. I am not saying Sennecke is bad, far from it, I am just saying Hage is overlooked! Hage also finished very strong his season just like Sennecke.
I'll definitely be watching more, and I'm very happy with the Hage pick. I think we really did need another skilled center with some size in the pipeline and he fits the bill. I didn't watch as much of him as some others leading up to the draft because I thought that he'd surely be gone before pick #26 after reading about him and watching the bit of tape I did see. But then things changed when we traded up to get #21 and I figured we might have our sights set on him.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I am convinced had both Eiserman and Hage been available that they would still have chosen Hage.

Yes. Their target is Hage 100%. I really like the potential of Eiserman at scoring. But Hage have also high offensive potential. Great hands, great passing ability and great shot aswell. They nailed it.

He is a top 15 talent in this draft and he will become a very very good NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad