Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
My understanding of the situation is he should be talent wise but due to politics and going the USHL and college route instead of CHL it is unlikely he will be in consideration. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me and someone correct me if I am wrong.

I mean Celebrini and Fantilli did the exact same thing. I've never heard of that being an issue.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I dont want to crush the party, but I dont think that the journalist had to ask this question… Asking a kid how your dead father would feel rn is a lil bit indiscreet to me…. Anyway Im happy with the pick
As a former journalism student... sometimes you don't have another choice. Not saying that's the case here, but I had to interview the parents of a player who passed away.

Do you think I liked it? Do you think I wanted too? Hell f***ing no. But you do it or you fail the assignment. And if you're working, you do it or you get pushed down the list. It's a dog eat dog world and unless you're a world famous journalist, you best be prepared to ask these types of questions.

On top that, being able to answer the question as maturely as he did asked shows just how calm he is. He knew the question would come and likely prepared himself for it. He seems like a real smart kid.

Reactions: BLONG7

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Hello , where can i find Hage's interview in french with rds

I mean its nice to say it but the habs can literally just lie about this and we will never know. Obviously they are gonna say that their guy was their guy haha , I have no doubt we had hage higher than we picked him though , they could have had eiserman higher aswell
I don't think so. I think it was between Hage and maybe Solberg. I've seen it reported multiple times that Hughes' lips were read right before the pick "so we're going with the forward?"

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
People maybe still dont realized that we actually pick a guys who collect USHL Eichelesque stats with 50 pts in his last 30 games. If you dont before, you know why now the guy has a shy beginning

This is where I wonder what his draft position would have been without the tragedy and his injury last year. Hughes mentioned Hage was a lot higher on their list. I can see why. Let's cross fingers and hope he's our Johnston.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah he can still be committed to michigan but join in 2025-2026, no?
Well yeah, but what I meant was if he was going for 2025-2026, we don't know where he was playing. But the post above this one states he said he's going to Michigan next year, so eliteprospects just must not be updated.

Reactions: Zilo44

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Well yeah, but what I meant was if he was going for 2025-2026, we don't know where he was playing. But the post above this one states he said he's going to Michigan next year, so eliteprospects just must not be updated.
Good to hear with 50 in 30 to finish the year, I think he is ready to move on

Reactions: Natey

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
In his interview he confirmed he got a call from them that he can join them next season.

He’s playing in Michigan next year
Yeah I'm glad
Curious how Hage's NCAA rookie season goes, I checked the team for last year, 4 of the 5 top scorers all graduated
Could be a huge opportunity to GET opportunities
I'd love something like 40GP 16G 27A 43PTS as a freshman

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Yeah I'm glad
Curious how Hage's NCAA goes, I checked the team for last year, 4 of the 5 top scorers all graduated
Could be a huge opportunity to GET opportunities
I'd love something like 40GP 16G 27A 43PTS as a freshman

Anything in and around the PPG mark will be good, I think year one will be transitionary and I believe the Habs and Wolverines will be on the same page about getting him focused on rounding out the D side of his game and also hitting the gym to get stronger.

I’ll be following him very closely, I think his upside is great.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
His dad was a big fan….i have a feeling this Hage kid is gonna be some special.

Should see him in a Habs jersey in about 3yrs, should be able to grow his body and his game at Michigan which has a reputable program
I saw his interview with Masters before the draft and Marek at the draft talking about how much of a fan he is of the Habs. Most of his extended family still live in Montréal so he will have massive support when he puts on the sweater. I couldn't imagine what he went through the last year, he showed tremendous strength and maturity in the interviews that I saw. I'm hoping nothing but the best for this young man professionally but also personally.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'm very excited to see what he does in Michigan next year. I too was wondering where he would play next year, but it seems like he's ready for the next step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad