GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Because he's not waiver eligible, while every other forward is. I suspect he'll be bouncing back and forth throughout the season.
I realize that completely. Personally I think there's very little chance Puustinen or Glass gets claimed.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, but it's not completely up to date, either.
A little bit of logic and Google will sort out what Capwages doesn't have.

I realize that completely. Personally I think there's very little chance Puustinen or Glass gets claimed.
Puustinen I think would get claimed. A skilled winger at a good cap hit that if any of those teams seeing that even dug into his analytics, corsi, and his scouting would be like "are they f***ing dumb?" When they see him on waivers. Glass would be a player on his 3rd team that has failed to meet any sort of even half expectations and is a higher cap hit. If a team needs a C he would go but other than that I doubt it.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Like a dozen players who match Puustinen's profile just cleared waivers. It'd be great if he takes off and becomes a significant contributor, but a lot of teams have similar players in similar positions.

I still doubt he'd get claimed unless it's by a team desperate for bodies.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Jeez this is shite.

Drew O’Connor-Sidney Crosby-Anthony Beauvillier
Michael Bunting-Evgeni Malkin-Rickard Rakell
Rutger McGroarty-Lars Eller-Jesse Puljujarvi
Kevin Hayes-Cody Glass-Noel Acciari
Puustinen

Anyone expecting a win, bless your sweet simple mind.

Puustinen produced more with less favourable usage even in camp and they chose to play a winger on his off wing instead of him in his natural wing spot. And Dubas wants to wax poetic about rewriting the script and being better and your coach is still doing dipshit things?

The fact that Dubas had to hold Rust out also shows how Sullivan would have played him and that's a major problem when your gm has to do the right thing that the coach wouldn't.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jeez this is shite.

Drew O’Connor-Sidney Crosby-Anthony Beauvillier
Michael Bunting-Evgeni Malkin-Rickard Rakell
Rutger McGroarty-Lars Eller-Jesse Puljujarvi
Kevin Hayes-Cody Glass-Noel Acciari
Puustinen

Anyone expecting a win, bless your sweet simple mind.

Puustinen produced more with less favourable usage even in camp and they chose to play a winger on his off wing instead of him in his natural wing spot. And Dubas wants to wax poetic about rewriting the script and being better and your coach is still doing dipshit things?

The fact that Dubas had to hold Rust out also shows how Sullivan would have played him and that's a major problem when your gm has to do the right thing that the coach wouldn't.
While Dust is out, I think they should have gone
DOC-Sid-Rakell
Bunting-G-Puustinen

And sat Beau…Puusty has played pretty well previously with Geno…worth a shot

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
While Dust is out, I think they should have gone
DOC-Sid-Rakell
Bunting-G-Puustinen

And sat Beau…Puusty has played pretty well previously with Geno…worth a shot
While I agree, a part of me wants Puustinen with Sid just to see how that would look because I still think this team needs to move Rust to get some good assets as well as cap space they can weaponize at the TDL. Also I think Puustinen's hockey IQ could work with Sid & Geno and while Rust is out, it's a good opportunity to see if Puustinen would work with Sid because we already know he does with Geno and keeping Raks there with Bunts and Geno would be fine then.

To have Beauvillier as a RW on that line is just dumb imo.

Let's just remember in pre-season he was was with Sid and really didn't produce anything significant on his actual strong side and now he's on his off wing hoping for a miracle? The fact that Beauvillier is in over Puustinen shows there's no real accountability for camp and pre-season at all, if you're a vet, you're already ahead.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
He's not THAT old.
Rust playing that one year of 81 games was a miracle, he's back to being a player you can maybe count on for 60-65 games a season maybe. His entire career he's played past 70+ twice in 8 seasons as a full timer.
Did Beauvillier have a garbage preseason or something? He seems like a lock for the bottom 6 when healthy.
Sullivan wanted more offense out of Puustinen so he puts up more points than Beauvillier and scores a goal while never playing with anyone but rookies and 3rd liners, meanwhile Beauvillier had cool flashy moments but produced much of nothing while mostly being with Sid.

Sullivan's idea of "earning it."

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
He's not THAT old.
Rust playing that one year of 81 games was a miracle, he's back to being a player you can maybe count on for 60-65 games a season maybe. His entire career he's played past 70+ twice in 8 seasons as a full timer.

In other news...

Danton Heinen - J.T. Miller - Brock Boeser
Jake DeBrusk - Elias Pettersson - Daniel Sprong
Nils Höglander - Aatu Räty - Conor Garland
Pius Suter - Teddy Blueger - Kiefer Sherwood
Nils Åman

Sprong, if he stays on that line, is going to have an insane season.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Did Beauvillier have a garbage preseason or something? He seems like a lock for the bottom 6 when healthy.
not sure there was much difference between him and puusty, who also performed poorly. one guy did get a free sid tryout

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
not sure there was much difference between him and puusty, who also performed poorly. one guy did get a free sid tryout
Puustinen didn't perform poorly. He was mostly with Ponomarev or Eller. Is that a really fair assumption to make given that he still produced a goal and a couple of assists in the 3 games he played?

Beauvillier - considering he was with Crosby basically for all of the pre-season games, did perform poorly with how little he produced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad