GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Imama and Aho on waivers. I think that means no mcgrorarthy in the NHL.

No Lizotte is starting the year on IR.

They're likely starting with:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
McGroarty-Eller-Puljujarvi
Beauvillier-Hayes-Acciari
Glass-Puustinen

Pettersson-Karlsson
Grzelcyk-Letang
Graves-St. Ivany
Shea

Jarry-Blomqvist

IR: Nedjelkovic, Lizotte and Ponomarev
Brunicke re-assigned to the WHL

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not really…Shea had a better camp and he’s young…Aho sucks…wonder if this mean Brunicke made the team?

I don't see a single reason to keep Brunicke up. Not enough NHL minutes to justify it.

The only way he would have stayed up was for a 9 game trial if Karlsson was hurt. But since he's healthy, I don't see why they'd keep him up. The only way that could change is if they assign St. Ivany to the AHL.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I don't see a single reason to keep Brunicke up. Not enough NHL minutes to justify it.

The only way he would have stayed up was for a 9 game trial if Karlsson was hurt. But since he's healthy, I don't see why they'd keep him up. The only way that could change is if they assign St. Ivany to the AHL.
didnt think ir was possible. but if someone goes on LITR it works

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No Lizotte is starting the year on IR.

They're likely starting with:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
McGroarty-Eller-Puljujarvi
Beauvillier-Hayes-Acciari
Glass-Puustinen

Pettersson-Karlsson
Grzelcyk-Letang
Graves-St. Ivany
Shea

Jarry-Blomqvist

IR: Nedjelkovic, Lizotte and Ponomarev
Brunicke re-assigned to the WHL
I mean maybe…it’s unusual for Sullivan to keep 14 forwards but maybe because of injuries…

Yeah, maybe..
Or JSI sits…we’ll see…I just don’t think Brunicke is going to get much playing for that totally sucky junior team lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
didnt think ir was possible. but if someone goes on LITR it works

IR just opens up a roster spot and has players on it for 7 days. That's likely where Lizotte is going.

I mean maybe…it’s unusual for Sullivan to keep 14 forwards but maybe because of injuries…

It's because they haven't had the cap space in the past few years to start the year with 14 forwards.

They started with a 22 man roster in each of 2023-2024 (12 F and 8 D), 2022-2023 (13 F and 7 D) and 2021-2022 (12 F and 8 D). Although 2021 was a bit weird with the taxi squad due to COVID.

Reactions: Andy99

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Yeah seems like they liked Aho enough to give him 2 years and even waive Ludvig first.
They sent Ludvig down first in the hopes that he would pass through waivers, kind of like they did with Zohorna a couple years ago. He didn't. That's the risk.

Aho's contract is for the league minimum. The fact that it runs two years is pretty inconsequential.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
There seem to be just too many forwards in the league. You could probably fill out a whole forward group of waiver claims that are viable NHL talent. Pelletier, Fagemo, Poulin, Engvall, etc.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

Wow surprising, Aho is the one that ended up on waivers rather than Shea. No Puustinen on waivers though.

So much for the Canes doing anything with Ty Smith. What an awful trade that was. Jersey got 2 2nds for Marino and we couldn't even get one for him.

There seem to be just too many forwards in the league. You could probably fill out a whole forward group of waiver claims that are viable NHL talent. Pelletier, Fagemo, Poulin, Engvall, etc.

Dont worry the NHL just gonna add more teams anyways.

Reactions: Turin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad