GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I don't see why Hayes should be above Beauvillier tbh
What has Beau done? He's been invisible. I feel like he'll be this year's Dominik Simon.

Barely serviceable, sometimes does a good thing, but otherwise misses all his chances and routinely f***s up promising looks. That's all he's done every time I've seen him so far.

Given the fact that he's not a bottom 6 guy, I'd argue he'd probably not even be worthy of even being on the roster let alone putting him on Crosby's or Malkin's line. What does he even bring to the team?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What has Beau done? He's been invisible. I feel like he'll be this year's Dominik Simon.

Barely serviceable, sometimes does a good thing, but otherwise misses all his chances and routinely f***s up promising looks. That's all he's done every time I've seen him so far.

He's gotten a ton of chances using his speed. He looks like he's messing up chances because he's getting so many chances.

I'm not pounding on the table for him to get in the lineup but I don't see an argument for Hayes above him. Hayes can barely skate.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
He's gotten a ton of chances using his speed. He looks like he's messing up chances because he's getting so many chances.

I'm not pounding on the table for him to get in the lineup but I don't see an argument for Hayes above him. Hayes can barely skate.
I'm not seeing what you're seeing then.

"Tons of chances"

When?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not seeing what you're seeing then.

"Tons of chances"

When?

Beauvillier has like 12 shots in 4 games played, he's getting a ton of chances. He was quiet tonight but he got like 8 shots in his first pre-season game. He was absolutely buzzing in that game.

He has 11 shots in 3 games and 7 HDCF. He's getting a ton of chances, he's just not scoring on them.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Pool party is leading the NHL in scoring in only 4 GP :laugh:

1728092097914.png

Naturalstattrick

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Beauvillier has like 12 shots in 4 games played, he's getting a ton of chances. He was quiet tonight but he got like 8 shots in his first pre-season game. He was absolutely buzzing in that game.

Neat. The last thing we need is another player who gets unthreatening shots and does nothing else.

Love the idea of having some weight and size finally on L3 and L4 which we would with Glass Hayes Acciari

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
What has Beau done? He's been invisible. I feel like he'll be this year's Dominik Simon
He had 7 shots vs Buffalo on the 24th.
He created that first Sid goal on the 29th with his O-zone penetration with speed. Liked his game overall there.
Quiet since then. So I'd say it's been a mixed bag with some hope for good play during reg season.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Neat. The last thing we need is another player who gets unthreatening shots and does nothing else.

Love the idea of having some weight and size finally on L3 and L4 which we would with Glass Hayes Acciari

Beauvillier leads the Penguins in HDCF. He just hasn't scored.

Your love affair with Glass is really weird.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

He has 11 shots in 3 games and 7 HDCF. He's getting a ton of chances, he's just not scoring on them.
How many of those shots actually did anything to create offense? Honestly.

I haven't watched all of his shifts for every game he played. It's the god damn preseason. Not all shots are equal as I'm sure you'd argue.

I'm just saying he's done nothing to stick out in any game I've actually watched.

Reactions: Gurglesons

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
He had 7 shots vs Buffalo on the 24th.
He created that first Sid goal on the 29th with his O-zone penetration with speed. Liked his game overall there.
Quiet since then. So I'd say it's been a mixed bag with some hope for good play during reg season.
One game is great. But Acciari has good games here and there too. That doesn't make him a staple on Sid's line either.

I don't want to give Sullivan too much credit here, but even he saw that line was doing jack shit and broke it up at the end of the 2nd period.

I'd rather our top-6 wingers be Rust, O'Connor, Rakell, and Bunting. Argue amongst yourselves where they slot in.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
McGroarty and Puljujarvi both making the opening night roster could be a lot of fun. If nothing else, there are some interesting players in the mix this year, and they're not all ancient.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
McGroarty and Puljujarvi both making the in opening night roster could be a lot of fun. If nothing else, there are some interesting players in the mix this year, and they're not all ancient.
Poolparty at least has the intriguing possibility of living up to his draft position finally. Maybe not fully, but maybe somewhat.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How many of those shots actually did anything to create offense? Honestly.

I haven't watched all of his shifts for every game he played. It's the god damn preseason. Not all shots are equal as I'm sure you'd argue.

I'm just saying he's done nothing to stick out in any game I've actually watched.

He had 7 HDCF according to NST. So he's at least getting a ton of chances close to the net.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
He had 7 HDCF according to NST. So he's at least getting a ton of chances close to the net.
Tonight? Hell, if that's the case they are either lying or I just didn't see it. Any is possible with me pushing 40.

Seriously though, he just doesn't look like he's doing anything out there at all to help his linemates from the eye test.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
One game is great. But Acciari has good games here and there too. That doesn't make him a staple on Sid's line either.

I don't want to give Sullivan too much credit here, but even he saw that line was doing jack shit and broke it up at the end of the 2nd period.
Sid overall was low effort today.
I'm not saying Beau should be a lock for L1. The bar isn't really high with whoever we use there. They're interchangeable until one really takes the role and runs with it.
But I do think he's a good fit for this bottom-six, at minimum. I'd like to see him get like 20 games to see what he can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad