GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Puljujarvi's skating has improved by an order of magnitude. The surgeries he's had are not easy to come back from, but time has been good to him. He needs to make this team.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
Puljujarvi's skating has improved by an order of magnitude. The surgeries he's had are not easy to come back from, but time has been good to him. He needs to make this team.
He’s at least good enough to play on the 4th. His skating still looks awkward to me, like super stiff or something, but Hayes is a much worse skater.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I don’t see how this team can win more than half the games this season. They are awful transition team front and back, this coach can’t seem to acknowledge and figure out that, they won’t be able to forecheck hence no possession game, if the PP remained stinker and with these goalies, long season, I am open for any trace of optimism anyone can shed on…

Reactions: Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
1728086308523.png

Not a bad 64, Jay.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
I don’t see how this team can win more than half the games this season. They are awful transition team front and back, this coach can’t seem to acknowledge and figure out that, they won’t be able to forecheck hence no possession game, if the PP remained stinker and with these goalies, long season, I am open for any trace of optimism anyone can shed on…
I think they’re a stronger team in the corners this season. That should help with possession. Transition will largely be the same because he uses the same playbook for the last 7 years. Sid and Geno look extra hungry but you hope that doesn’t manifest into injuries either. I think they’re still right there as far as being a playoff team. It just depends what teams in the east got better and worse.

Reactions: Gurglesons

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think they’re a stronger team in the corners this season. That should help with possession. Transition will largely be the same because he uses the same playbook for the last 7 years. Sid and Geno look extra hungry but you hope that doesn’t manifest into injuries either. I think they’re still right there as far as being a playoff team. It just depends what teams in the east got better and worse.
My expectations:

L1 - Will be worse, probably by a lot
L2 - Likely to be better or at least the same
L3 - Defensive regression, offensive progression (if this is Hayes' line)
L4 - Better at both offense and defense (if this is Eller's line)

PP - Will be better, but not by too much
PK - Will be worse

Goaltending - Who tf knows?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yep that 3rd line needs to stick together. McGroarty and Puljujarvi are meshing terrifically as a winger duo, and Eller looks a lot better than Hayes did.

Sure it was a flukey goal for McGroarty, but he's been robbed so many times that he deserved it.

Reactions: MrBrightside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad