GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1727750744569.png

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Who are the NHL Penguins’ third and fourth goalies?
1 Jarry
2 Ned
3 ?
4 ?
5 Murashov
Blomqvist is 100% the #3.
The #4 gets murky. It depends on if Larsson is going back to Europe. He's getting an extended look this camp and has done very well.
If he does, then Gauthier would backup in Wilkes, I'd imagine.

Mcg rated well in the other one of these this preseason too. Preseason but he looks solid.
Yeah I'm pretty sold on him being 4th line quality. Doesn't take much in the NHL these days.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Blomqvist is 100% the #3.
The #4 gets murky. It depends on if Larsson is going back to Europe. He's getting an extended look this camp and has done very well.
If he does, then Gauthier would backup in Wilkes, I'd imagine.

Yeah I'm pretty sold on him being 4th line quality. Doesn't take much in the NHL these days.
I think Larsson sits in the #3 spot actually, with how they see things I'm guessing. Which isn't a slight to someone like Blomqvist.

It's probably something like:

1. Jarry
2. Nedeljkovic
3. Larsson
4. Blomqvist
5. Murashov
6. Gauthier

Takes at least a $2 mill cap hit to be on our 4th line.
I think if he's slotted for the 4th line, I'd rather have him in WBS in that situation. This isn't like Jake the year he got his call up and spent time in the top 6 and with Cullen, that was a team that had just won the cup before and Jake got that opportunity after being insane in WBS. I'd like that same start for Rutger, so as not to ruin the lad immediately.

This is a non-playoff team that was trending towards it before it missed for consecutive seasons for the first time in Crosby's career. I don't think there's any rush to see what he can do immediately. Also WBS is going to be deep with young talent and having him there playing with other young talent would be good for him as well.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Puljujärvi played very well on Edmonton top-6 for parts of two seasons after his first (minor) hip surgery. Then his hip problems returned and he got the major surgery done. He now seems to be approaching the level of play he was capable in the past. He may surprise some people next season and become a middle six forward, he has all the tools.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think Larsson sits in the #3 spot actually, with how they see things I'm guessing. Which isn't a slight to someone like Blomqvist.

It's probably something like:

1. Jarry
2. Nedeljkovic
3. Larsson
4. Blomqvist
5. Murashov
6. Gauthier
Possible. We'll find out soon.
What I found interesting is that they sent Murashov down to Wilkes. Thought he'd be going back to Russia. So how many goalies they gonna have?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
“He’s in great shape. He looks terrific”
--Mike Sullivan on Ryan Graves. September 19, 2024

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
What I found interesting is that they sent Murashov down to Wilkes. Thought he'd be going back to Russia. So how many goalies they gonna have?
They wouldn't have signed Murashov to an ELC if he were just going to go back to Russia.
We currently have six goalies signed to contracts who could play in the NHL this season.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
They signed him so he would be reporting to wbs given that. Only way he goes back is if the Penguins loan him.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah where I'm at right now is:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Beauvillier-Eller-Puustinen
Lizotte-Hayes-Puljujarvi
Glass-Acciari

I'm good with flipping O'Connor and Beauvillier as well but the rest of this lineup is firmly set in stone with what I've seen. Acciari's performance today does make me feel way better about him but he's still only an extra in my eyes.
I get the sense that Hayes is being eyed for that 3C spot. It'd be interesting to see them roll out Eller above him.
As far as Rakell goes I don't dislike him but I do feel like he's capable of giving more than he did last year.

It would help if Sullivan gets the lines in order and gets Rakell a steady assignment/role rather.
He had a bad shoulder injury basically all season. Even given that, after he returned in December he was producing from that point on at a 50pt pace. That's very good for a player with 1 normally functioning arm.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Not to denigrate the ability of known titans of the sport in Eller, DOC and Acciari but were I a Detroit fan in year like ten or whatever of the rebuild I'd be raising an eyebrow a bit at these results.

I went to the game last night and the arena was at like 1/3 capacity. Likely due to the Lions game.
But I get a sense of uneasiness from Wings fans, even prior to this game. They don't have a guy that can truly tilt the ice.

Also, my only takeaway from last night's game is Graves is absolutely horrendous. We're talking JJ and Scuderi level bad. This dude cannot be be 1 of the regular 6. Bad things happen when he's on the ice...he's brutal and sinking this team.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol

“The existential issue for Pittsburgh, though, is that the old guys aren’t just the best players on the roster — they’re perilously close to being the only good ones. They combine for a plus-37 Net Rating. Overall (as in, including them), the Penguins are at a minus-2, a year-over-year 19-point decline. That’s easy, ugly math. Drilling it down a bit more, there are three Penguins other than the four Hall of Famers projected at a positive Net Rating: Bryan Rust, Michael Buntingand Marcus Pettersson. That’s simply not enough to win meaningful games.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad