GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1727750744569.png

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Who are the NHL Penguins’ third and fourth goalies?
1 Jarry
2 Ned
3 ?
4 ?
5 Murashov
Blomqvist is 100% the #3.
The #4 gets murky. It depends on if Larsson is going back to Europe. He's getting an extended look this camp and has done very well.
If he does, then Gauthier would backup in Wilkes, I'd imagine.

Mcg rated well in the other one of these this preseason too. Preseason but he looks solid.
Yeah I'm pretty sold on him being 4th line quality. Doesn't take much in the NHL these days.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Blomqvist is 100% the #3.
The #4 gets murky. It depends on if Larsson is going back to Europe. He's getting an extended look this camp and has done very well.
If he does, then Gauthier would backup in Wilkes, I'd imagine.

Yeah I'm pretty sold on him being 4th line quality. Doesn't take much in the NHL these days.
I think Larsson sits in the #3 spot actually, with how they see things I'm guessing. Which isn't a slight to someone like Blomqvist.

It's probably something like:

1. Jarry
2. Nedeljkovic
3. Larsson
4. Blomqvist
5. Murashov
6. Gauthier

Takes at least a $2 mill cap hit to be on our 4th line.
I think if he's slotted for the 4th line, I'd rather have him in WBS in that situation. This isn't like Jake the year he got his call up and spent time in the top 6 and with Cullen, that was a team that had just won the cup before and Jake got that opportunity after being insane in WBS. I'd like that same start for Rutger, so as not to ruin the lad immediately.

This is a non-playoff team that was trending towards it before it missed for consecutive seasons for the first time in Crosby's career. I don't think there's any rush to see what he can do immediately. Also WBS is going to be deep with young talent and having him there playing with other young talent would be good for him as well.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Puljujärvi played very well on Edmonton top-6 for parts of two seasons after his first (minor) hip surgery. Then his hip problems returned and he got the major surgery done. He now seems to be approaching the level of play he was capable in the past. He may surprise some people next season and become a middle six forward, he has all the tools.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad