GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I haven't seen anything from Koivunen, Poulin, or Ponomarev in the first 3+ games that suggests they deserve to be in the NHL at this point.

If I had to guess, the final roster spots will come down to McGroarty, Puustinen, Puljujarvi, Shea, Aho, and Ludvig, and will depend partially on the injuries to Lizotte and Karlsson.

If Karlsson is going to miss NHL games, but only a few, they very well could go with eight defensemen. Or put him on regular IR and run with eight.

If he's ready to go, they could go with 14 forwards and rotate some guys in and out.

I have a feeling they'll go --
Beauvillier - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
DOC - Eller - Glass
Lizotte - Hayes - Acciari
Ex - Puustinen, Puljujarvi

With Puustinen and Puljujarvi coming in for Hayes and Glass at times. I think McGroarty will be sent down to get a month or two of pro games under his belt and if he lights it up, he'll be back.

If they decide to keep eight defensemen, I have no idea what they'll do between Puustinen and Puljujarvi. I think guys like Beauvillier, Glass, Hayes, and Acciari are safe on the roster because of their past NHL production, but I don't think they'll be locked into lineup spots.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Below is the Penguins' lineup for Tuesday’s preseason game against the Detroit Red Wings at PPG Paints Arena. Puck drop is set for 7:00 PM ET and the game will be available to watch locally on SportsNet Pittsburgh. Fans can also tune in on the Penguins' official flagship radio station, 105.9 'The X'.

GOALIES

31 – Filip Larsson

35 – Tristan Jarry

DEFENSE

4 – Nathan Clurman

24 – Matt Grzelcyk

28 – Marcus Pettersson

38 – Owen Pickering

45 – Harrison Brunicke

58 – Kris Letang

82 – Filip Kral

FORWARDS

2 – Rutger McGroarty

8 – Michael Bunting

11 – Vasily Ponomarev

13 – Kevin Hayes

15 – Joona Koppanen

17 – Bryan Rust

19 – Cody Glass

41 – Ville Koivunen

44 – Jonathan Gruden

67 – Rickard Rakell

71 – Evgeni Malkin

72 – Anthony Beauvillier

87 – Sidney Crosby

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I haven't seen anything from Koivunen, Poulin, or Ponomarev in the first 3+ games that suggests they deserve to be in the NHL at this point.

If I had to guess, the final roster spots will come down to McGroarty, Puustinen, Puljujarvi, Shea, Aho, and Ludvig, and will depend partially on the injuries to Lizotte and Karlsson.

If Karlsson is going to miss NHL games, but only a few, they very well could go with eight defensemen. Or put him on regular IR and run with eight.

If he's ready to go, they could go with 14 forwards and rotate some guys in and out.

I have a feeling they'll go --
Beauvillier - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
DOC - Eller - Glass
Lizotte - Hayes - Acciari
Ex - Puustinen, Puljujarvi

With Puustinen and Puljujarvi coming in for Hayes and Glass at times. I think McGroarty will be sent down to get a month or two of pro games under his belt and if he lights it up, he'll be back.

If they decide to keep eight defensemen, I have no idea what they'll do between Puustinen and Puljujarvi. I think guys like Beauvillier, Glass, Hayes, and Acciari are safe on the roster because of their past NHL production, but I don't think they'll be locked into lineup spots.
Ludvig has been terrible tonight, so if that means anything, he's probably no longer in the running for a roster spot on the NHL club.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Below is the Penguins' lineup for Tuesday’s preseason game against the Detroit Red Wings at PPG Paints Arena. Puck drop is set for 7:00 PM ET and the game will be available to watch locally on SportsNet Pittsburgh. Fans can also tune in on the Penguins' official flagship radio station, 105.9 'The X'.

GOALIES

31 – Filip Larsson

35 – Tristan Jarry

DEFENSE

4 – Nathan Clurman

24 – Matt Grzelcyk

28 – Marcus Pettersson

38 – Owen Pickering

45 – Harrison Brunicke

58 – Kris Letang

82 – Filip Kral

FORWARDS

2 – Rutger McGroarty

8 – Michael Bunting

11 – Vasily Ponomarev

13 – Kevin Hayes

15 – Joona Koppanen

17 – Bryan Rust

19 – Cody Glass

41 – Ville Koivunen

44 – Jonathan Gruden

67 – Rickard Rakell

71 – Evgeni Malkin

72 – Anthony Beauvillier

87 – Sidney Crosby

I have no clue if he actually has a shot at making the team if EK is hurt but it’s kind of interesting Brunicke is getting some looks with Pettersson.

Reactions: The Old Master

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Ludvig has been terrible tonight, so if that means anything, he's probably no longer in the running for a roster spot on the NHL club.
Aho has been terrible, too. Hell, so has Graves. So they may just hold their noses and pick someone.

I have no clue if he actually has a shot at making the team if EK is hurt but it’s kind of interesting Brunicke is getting some looks with Pettersson.
I think they're just giving him opportunities that he can learn from and take that experience back to juniors.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think he’s getting into a game or a few if EK is hurt and you made me bet on it right this moment

Which is batshit to say but that’s what I’d have to put money on with a gun to my head

Who was last 2nd to play even one game right away? Pretty sure it was Sprong.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Yup, a rough night for him lol
I don't understand the fascination of him by some fans, the staff I totally get, he's a f***ing plug and they love those. But his game is just ass, like he pales in comparison to previous "types" like him like Engelland, Trotman, Czuzuzuzuzuzzuman, etc. Shea is better than he is. Ludvig is just a player that makes you think there's more to his game that you can develop but then you realize there's literally no tool box for you to put those tools into.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad