GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
That sounds about right. I think Glass has a good shot at 3RW because he's capable defensively though.
That third line was a joke mate, Acciari should not be on the 3rd line at all.
Trotman played in 24 games here for an avg of less than 15 min a night over 3 seasons

Churchman only appeared in 2 games here ever

Both were late 20s, early 30. Ludvig played more than they did combined in one single season as a 23 year old. Not to say he’s been any more memorable.

No one was or is obsessed with those guys.
The point is all of them were ass like Ludvig is. Ludvig's younger sure, but he's just not a player that should be up as a 7th at all right now, he should spend more time in WBS, he has a lot to learn and I would rather he not do that at the NHL level with sparing usage and in a shit show of a system.

So far in camp and games - I have really liked St Ivany, Pickering, and Brunicke over him. Aho to me needs to just be smarter and maybe be kept as the 7th, Shea and Ludvig should be in WBS, I think I would put Pickering down there as well as Brunicke. Keep up Jack and Seabass.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I meant that's likely what Sullivan will go with.
Oh yeah, yeah that's about right.

Then when Rakell or Rust has an injury...

DOC, Crosby, Acciari/Rust
Bunting, Malkin, Acciari/Rakell

Or to make Sullivan really rock hard.

DOC, Crosby, Acciari
Bunting, Malkin, Acciari double shifting
Beauvillier, Hayes, Acciari, triple shifting
Lizotte, Eller, Acciari, quadruple shifting

INCREASE THAT INSANE G/60

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
He seems to be finally be 100% healthy.
I want him to do well, but he needs to play, I kind of hate that this addition of Glass at no fault of his own, is blocking 2 players we should be playing more. Puustinen and Puljujarvi. I liked what Jesse brought last season when he was played for a stretch, he was physical, a pain behind and around the net, he had a pretty harsh hip injury to recover from.

But I mean, why can't he succeed like Nuke did who had a similar issue with his hips but in his case, he went over seas and then came back after being healthy again and took a better shot in Colorado to break through.

For all of the draft pedigree queens - He's one you should want to see get those opportunities when he's playing like this. With Lizotte injured with his whatever it is, I think it opens up a good spot for Puljujarvi on the 4th line imo, but I don't know if I play Glass over Puustinen. Glass plays like a bigger Acciari with less finish - which is f***ing wild to say right now.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Even though I’d rather not see Acciari lol, hats off to him tonight..PoolParty looking really good tonight, as has McG, Puusty and DOC

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Credit where credit is due.
Acciari was useful today.
This is the best usage he's going to get, so might as well just take advantage of it right?

I don't know what blokes here expect out of him though, that 20 goal season was so beyond a fluke, at best we get what he did for the Blues, but that is still a 4th liner that should always remain a 4th liner at his highest line.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Puljujarvi has been better than Glass has in the pre-season games imo. I think with the bad start to the camp to the couple he scored in scrimmages, he's been showing more with the more he plays - which is always something they needed to do for him, play him more.
Why not try him in the top 6? He has speed, size and skill. What am I missing?

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Why not try him in the top 6? He has speed, size and skill. What am I missing?
He has speed, he hasn't really shown much about using his size and skills imo in the pre-season games, also to gift him that spot over players that are more deserving is weird for me personally. Also with Rakell and Rust, there's only the 3rd line spot and I think I'd rather see a player like Puustinen there to compliment Hayes and Beau for some skill and Puustinen is still a solid 2-way winger. What I stated was there's players this team has that could also be better and deserve the same treatment if not more that have been here working hard to earn more opportunities.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
He just made a come back last season trying to earn a regular spot again, he should get more games in camp. Wtf are you on about, I want both Puljujarvi and Puustinen as regulars on this roster.
That's my point. Everyone is whining about Puustinen not getting a chance when Puljujarvi, who is trying to finish his return from significant surgery after taking significant steps last season, has received the same "limited" opportunity. Yet no one is complaining about the lack of chances for him.

If your problem truly is about opportunity and the lack thereof, then those complaints should be consistent.

Instead, the board just doesn't like certain players and is using every opportunity to whine about them.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
He couldn’t do a top six role with McDavid and Drai and it’s the preseason.

Lollll come on guys.
If this team had moved Rust in the off season like they should have imo, to get as much picks and prospects as they can to do this whatever Dubas wants to call it with dipshit Sullivan at the helm, I think having wingers like Rakell, Puustinen, Glass, Puljujarvi down the roster is fine. You can interchange Glass and Puustinen with Geno or whatever, but yeah, there's so many players that deserve a spot with barely any spots if any at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad