GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
He controlled the puck like he's concussed, which wouldn't surprise me.
I hope not, but he has looked off since that hit. Like his decision making is delayed.

Supposedly there’s concussion spotters in the arena, so if we find out Ponomarev does have one, what the f*** are those twats there for?

I'm also putting Halloway on the team because he cross checked that midget Benson.
Hollowell* - Dwarf on Dwarf violence makes Samwise sad.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I hope not, but he has looked off since that hit. Like his decision making is delayed.

Supposedly there’s concussion spotters in the arena, so if we find out Ponomarev does have one, what the f*** are those twats there for?
I was very surprised he wasn't taken off the ice after getting smooshed like that up high.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
With Puljujarvi, he just needs to play, I don’t think he’s a player that can be used the way Sullivan has used him as - a 13th that comes in and out. Imagine if last season they played Puljujarvi in the amount of games Harkins got, we’d maybe see a lot more out of him with him getting a chance to string longer stretches of games together and build off of it.
Agreed. Puju isn't gonna get any traction with his play if he doesn't get to play regularly and preferably more than like 6 minutes a night.

If they're just looking at him as a 13th forward I think there's better options. But I could see putting him into the top 12 if he earns the opportunity.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Basing your opinion of this team this year off this game is hilariously short sighted and stupid, but I guess that is generally your vibes.
I'm not basing it on this game you big lollipop, I'm basing it on a multitude of factors, this game however is just a taste of what's coming.

I said this team would be brutal months ago. Pay attention!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think there is really much you can take away from such a lopsided matchup. I already mentioned Blomqvist, but the other thing is that Shea and Ludvig look the complete same as some nobody AHLer in Clurman. I think Aho's their #7 regardless, but Ludvig absolutely did not give any sort of challenge to him tonight for that role. Graves looking basically the same as he did last year isn't really reassuring either.

I think I've come around to the thought that McGroarty is a NHL player who would benefit more from playing big minutes in the AHL than playing bottom-6 minutes in the NHL. I think he'd do fine if he would be in the NHL on day 1, but I think it would be better for him long-term to dominate the AHL for half a season then jump directly to Crosby's line. Same pathway that Guentzel took.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Well. Sullivan has his excuse now to send half these young players down.
Basing your opinion of this team this year off this game is hilariously short sighted and stupid, but I guess that is generally your vibes.

Case in point! :laugh:

This game was more meaningless than a scrimmage.
And so will the final 15 or so RS games of this upcoming season be, because we'll be hopelessly out of it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Case in point! :laugh:

Sully is a f***ing moron. So it makes sense.
And so will the final 15 or so RS games of this upcoming season be, because we'll be hopelessly out of it.

Don’t have a lot of hope for this team, but the East in general is awful this year.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
-Pulju was the best Pens forward, and there's no competition. Relatively speaking, if he gets an A grade, no one else is above a C.
-Koivunen, McGroarty, and Hayes all with nice primary assists.
-Puustinen looks faster and stronger than last year.
-Cody Glass sucks.
-Emil Bemstrom sucks.
-None of the NHL/AHL bubble guys really made a case for themselves. McGroarty, Ponomarev, Koivunen, Broz, etc. all belong in the AHL.
-Disappointed the most in Ponomarev. Canes fans made it seem like he was much closer. But he spent much of last year injured, so maybe getting rocked a few times is the best thing for him.
-D was a mess. No one looked good. Chief among them Ryan "A" Graves.
-Blomqvist played poorly.
-I am a better hockey player than Jimmy Huntington.

Reactions: Jacob and Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I think the top line were the best forwards.

Pulju got some lucky goals. If he can find his game here I’m stoked, but seems like what we saw from him last year.

I agree with Danny on Koivunen. Just doesn’t look like an NHLer.

D was all around awful.

Still feel like Poulin and Puusy are the extra 2 forwards.

45 definitely is not ready, but yeah he's oozing top 4 potential.

His skating rocks.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
45 definitely is not ready, but yeah he's oozing top 4 potential.
Yeah, I just don’t trust our organization to develop it lol…all the guys we’ve had success with spent 3-4 years in college: Jake, Rust, maybe DOC…they were being developed by others lol

Last edited:

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Well. Sullivan has his excuse now to send half these young players down.
Some of these guys were getting cut tomorrow even if they won 12-0. Brunicke will go to his junior team. Waugh didn't even dress and is on an AHL contract, so he'll probably get reassigned to WBS. Howe will go back to juniors. Calvert and Hayes got their time in the prospects challenge and will go to WBS.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Some of these guys were getting cut tomorrow even if they won 12-0. Brunicke will go to his junior team. Waugh didn't even dress and is on an AHL contract, so he'll probably get reassigned to WBS. Howe will go back to juniors. Calvert and Hayes got their time in the prospects challenge and will go to WBS.

Still defending the clown, eh?

When the bottom six is…

DOC - Eller - Glass
Lizotte - Hayes - Acciari

You gonna be saying “that’s the best we could do”?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How did McGroarty look?

Good but not good enough where he has to be in the NHL immediately.

He's going to be a terrific winger for Crosby by next season at the latest, but he's not playing great enough where you have to put him in the NHL right now. I'm guessing he dominates the AHL for half a year and is on Crosby's line after the deadline.

Reactions: B33R LEAGUE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad