GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Do want to see more out of him this preseason before cementing an opinion one way or the other on his readiness.

And I am not worried about his progression as a player. Whether he's ready or not he's young and he's blocked by Ned/Jarry anyways. So I have zero expectations of him making the team or even looking like he should.

I don't really think Blomqvist is a starting goalie in the NHL.

Him getting blown out tonight means absolutely nothing to me.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I like that the Pens found themselves a bit here in the third and started showing some push back.

Just died limply in the second

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I honestly think Puljujarvi may have locked up his position as one of the extra skaters with the hatty today. I do wonder if they'd want to go with Puustinen and Puljujarvi as extras, since they both serve similar roles, but you know Puljujarvi can also play a heavy grinding game as well.

That being said, I hope he goes to WBS to be a top producer for them.

I don't.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Shea being idiotically passive, weak ass pass behind a player, now hemmed into their own end, it’s nice to see Shea executing this system perfectly.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I honestly think Puljujarvi may have locked up his position as one of the extra skaters with the hatty today. I do wonder if they'd want to go with Puustinen and Puljujarvi as extras, since they both serve similar roles, but you know Puljujarvi can also play a heavy grinding game as well.

That being said, I hope he goes to WBS to be a top producer for them.
I think he needs to show more, I’d play him in more of these preseason games to see if he can keep up this momentum. He’s earned another game in the preseason for sure.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Samuelsson should get roughing for coming in there and throwing jabs into a player already engaged in a scrum, punk ass.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't really think Blomqvist is a starting goalie in the NHL.

Him getting blown out tonight means absolutely nothing to me.
It didn't mean anything to me either, which I think I've said about one hundred times in posts now

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Huntington, Broz, and Glass at least winning 50% on faceoffs, meanwhile the two that are better as wingers, sub 50%.

No fringe guy should get a spot on the team based on a garbage time hatty in the first preseason game
I get it, he’s not a lot’s favourite on this team but there’s some good to take away from his play - Driving the net and scoring a couple on the powerplay is exactly what you want to see from a player that has the pedigree he was drafted for. Doesn’t mean he’s going to explode into that player, but he’s doing things you need to see from players on this team - driving the net and finishing. Especially on the man advantage.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Excited to see which player becomes the spiritual successor to Craig Adams. Cody's working on becoming the next Tanner. We need a new Gladams.
Cody being wasted on the wing is kind of shitty to see, it’s clear as day watching him that he is a C that looks off as a winger, I think they can really turn him into something if he moves to C.

As a winger, he reminds me of Harkins, a lot of movement for a lot of nothing and some odd positioning in his own end.

I can see why Patrick Kane doesn’t even want to play for his childhood team and chose the Wings, a team that isn’t that much better really.

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Huntington, Broz, and Glass at least winning 50% on faceoffs, meanwhile the two that are better as wingers, sub 50%.

I get it, he’s not a lot’s favourite on this team but there’s some good to take away from his play - Driving the net and scoring a couple on the powerplay is exactly what you want to see from a player that has the pedigree he was drafted for. Doesn’t mean he’s going to explode into that player, but he’s doing things you need to see from players on this team - driving the net and finishing. Especially on the man advantage.
I like him. Just needs to find a way to bring the things he does well with some consistency.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I like him. Just needs to find a way to bring the things he does well with some consistency.
With Puljujarvi, he just needs to play, I don’t think he’s a player that can be used the way Sullivan has used him as - a 13th that comes in and out. Imagine if last season they played Puljujarvi in the amount of games Harkins got, we’d maybe see a lot more out of him with him getting a chance to string longer stretches of games together and build off of it.

Reactions: Pancakes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad