GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Based on the little I've seen from Blomqvist so far, it seems like a good decision that the Penguins didn't go into this year with him as the backup. He looks very raw as a goalie, he's insanely athletic but I've already noticed him scrambling and giving out leaky rebounds a couple of time.

He's going to be a very good NHL goalie in 2-3 years, though.
Might be some nerves there. But yes looks a bit scrambly so far.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
He brings the physical element, but not much else. And if he could bring the physical element without injuring himself it would be more helpful.
Jack St Ivany, Shea, etc all do as well. Ludvig is young and maybe some more time in the AHL he may become a better 6-7 option, but I really don’t see him staying on the big club. I’d almost rather see Aho up over him with St Ivany paired with Graves. Hollowell isn’t all that impressive either, kind of just moves the puck without really thinking about it and needs to maybe have his head up more about what to do next.

Hollowell paired with Graves is such a dumb move, when will they realize Graves isn’t the stay at home type at all and pairing him with a mobile D that is more offensive minded is the wrong move. There’s a reason why he looked good with St Ivany and a Marino type.

Reactions: Victor Z

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He's just such a dumb hockey player. His brain moves in slow motion.

reminds me of JJ

At least Jack Johnson scored a ton of points at Graves age.

Jack St Ivany, Shea, etc all do as well. Ludvig is young and maybe some more time in the AHL he may become a better 6-7 option, but I really don’t see him staying on the big club. I’d almost rather see Aho up over him with St Ivany paired with Graves. Hollowell isn’t all that impressive either, kind of just moves the puck without really thinking about it and needs to maybe have his head up more about what to do next.

Aho is our 2nd best LHD IMO.

Reactions: Pancakes

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins forward group is going to be miles deeper this year than it was last year, but their D depth is looking really ugly. Shea and Ludvig should both be AHLers and Graves doesn't look like he'll be much better than last year.

Koivunen is, too. Very impressed with him so far.

Koivunen's only drawback is his acceleration, if he can improve that he's a surefire middle-6 LW IMO.

Reactions: Pancakes

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Glass plays like a C that is being told to play wing and you can see his instincts forcing him to be where a C should be on the ice. But yeah, lets keep forcing him as a winger

At least Jack Johnson scored a ton of points at Graves age.

Aho is our 2nd best LHD IMO.
Lol what?

He’s not better than Pettersson or Grz.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Glass plays like a C that is being told to play wing and you can see his instincts forcing him to be where a C should be on the ice. But yeah, lets keep forcing him as a winger

"I have a narrative and I'm going to see the game no matter what".

What’s the score?
1-1 two PP goals.

Lol what?

He’s not better than Pettersson or Grz.

pettersson is our best LHD.

Aho imo is the 2nd best.

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Penguins forward group is going to be miles deeper this year than it was last year, but their D depth is looking really ugly.

Koivunen's only drawback is his acceleration, if he can improve that he's a surefire middle-6 LW IMO.
Agree with that. Our d looks like it's gonna be a pile of shit. I don't trust any of the young options we have and we have some issues with our vets too if Letang doesn't improve on his second half play last year and if (when) Graves sucks again.

I trust MP and EK to be good more often than not but past that it's a yikes.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

Hollowell paired with Graves is such a dumb move, when will they realize Graves isn’t the stay at home type at all and pairing him with a mobile D that is more offensive minded is the wrong move. There’s a reason why he looked good with St Ivany and a Marino type.
Graves played 16 min with St Ivany last season

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
lol that Shea-Clurman pairing is where you get zero transition, Sullivan is already in peak mid season form for not understanding who his players are.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Agree with that. Our d looks like it's gonna be a pile of shit. I don't trust any of the young options we have and we have some issues with our vets too if Letang doesn't improve on his second half play last year and if (when) Graves sucks again.

I trust MP and EK to be good more often than not but past that it's a yikes.

Disagree. Aho Gryz if we ice Graves is way better then what we were icing last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad