GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

metalan2

May 30, 2008
And Puustinen too, if you mean playing time and not just eating nachos. 5 guys, 1 spot.
Acciari's who should be ditched, yes. But is Sullivan really gonna do that to a PK regular + grinder? Those are his favorite players. They can score like 5 points all year if they PK well, for all he cares.
I have zero hope he will cut Acciari for a younger and better player.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I have zero hope he will cut Acciari for a younger and better player.
Why I’ve been saying it’s looking like everyone making over $1M is going to make the team, regardless of merit lol…the only prospect at this point who has a chance is McG and that’s only because Dubas specifically traded our best prospect to bring him in…honestly, Pono, Broz, Puusty have been equally deserving of spots, but they won’t get shit lol…Puusty for example could embarrass UPL, Thompson and Tuch and look like McDavid out there tonight with 5 goals and he’ll still likely be waived lol

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Why I’ve been saying it’s looking like everyone making over $1M is going to make the team, regardless of merit lol…the only prospect at this point who has a chance is McG and that’s only because Dubas specifically traded our best prospect to bring him in…honestly, Pono, Broz, Puusty have been equally deserving of spots, but they won’t get shit lol…Puusty for example could embarrass UPL, Thompson and Tuch and look like McDavid out there tonight with 5 goals and he’ll still likely be waived lol
Facts really.

I mean just look at Puustinen last season, he kept lowering his minutes, demoting him on the line-up, screwing around with his usuage and Puustinen still kept succeeding anyway and was one of the most productive wingers on the team where he played like he belonged with the likes of Rust and Rakell when he was able to produce with one good arm.

Imagine being a player that actually helps you win and you decide to be petty about it and keep cutting his minutes and not use him to your advantage to you know, do the one thing you're f***ing hired to do - Win.
oJdRBnP.png

With less OZ starts than DOC as well, which just drives me up the wall when blokes consider DOC worthy of more opportunity over a player that was quite literally better than him but isn't someone bigger which really doesn't mean jack shit considering Puustinen was effective regardless of his size, he was battling in corners and winning most of those battles, causing turnovers and being a positive presence in almost every aspect of the game. I also look at Puusy's On-ice shooting % over DOC and just laugh even harder at the fan boys of DOC. DOC succeeded a lot from playing with Sid & Rust, I mean, no shit? It's like saying well Geno struggled because he couldn't find chemistry with Smith, well yeah, also Rakell having a messed up shoulder all season.

A very big part of me needs to believe that there are teams out there that do take Analytics and proper scouting to heart and know how to combine both to get a good read on a player and when they see a bloke like Puustinen on waivers, they jump at the chance and laugh at the fact that the Penguins did that and didn't understand what they had. Much to most here that want to see him waived and gone because he isn't some North American 6'+ tosser.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I find it odd that so many are against Beauvillier being a legit option with Crosby and keep pushing O'Connor, I mean outside of Beauvillier having a really rough go last season, prior to that he was a pretty decent 35-40pt type of winger that has shown he could do more and has played in the top 6 with Barzal and has scored 21 goals as well as 18 seasons twice.

He's also 1yr older than O'Connor, meanwhile DOC, very much a victim of Sullivan's idea of development mind you, just scored 17 goals at 25 getting insanely beneficial usage and should have at least hit 20 goals with that but was also getting those minutes because of the lack of depth on the left side where they had Reilly Smith, a career right winger, playing there as well as Rakell and even Puustinen at times. Having Bunting there and now Hayes and even Beauvillier, there's better options.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Facts really.

I mean just look at Puustinen last season, he kept lowering his minutes, demoting him on the line-up, screwing around with his usuage and Puustinen still kept succeeding anyway and was one of the most productive wingers on the team where he played like he belonged with the likes of Rust and Rakell when he was able to produce with one good arm.

Imagine being a player that actually helps you win and you decide to be petty about it and keep cutting his minutes and not use him to your advantage to you know, do the one thing you're f***ing hired to do - Win.
oJdRBnP.png

With less OZ starts than DOC as well, which just drives me up the wall when blokes consider DOC worthy of more opportunity over a player that was quite literally better than him but isn't someone bigger which really doesn't mean jack shit considering Puustinen was effective regardless of his size, he was battling in corners and winning most of those battles, causing turnovers and being a positive presence in almost every aspect of the game. I also look at Puusy's On-ice shooting % over DOC and just laugh even harder at the fan boys of DOC. DOC succeeded a lot from playing with Sid & Rust, I mean, no shit? It's like saying well Geno struggled because he couldn't find chemistry with Smith, well yeah, also Rakell having a messed up shoulder all season.

A very big part of me needs to believe that there are teams out there that do take Analytics and proper scouting to heart and know how to combine both to get a good read on a player and when they see a bloke like Puustinen on waivers, they jump at the chance and laugh at the fact that the Penguins did that and didn't understand what they had. Much to most here that want to see him waived and gone because he isn't some North American 6'+ tosser.

The shift you've made on DOC makes me take you less serious tbh.

You were with me on DOC being a piece that needed more time and he got it and was lighting it up last season and to punish Sullivan it seems like you are setting some narrative that Puustinen was better.

DOC has been way better than Puusy at every level. AHL, their previous junior experience, etc.

I like Puusy a lot. But DOC has always been the better asset.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Even in a pre-season game, this dipshit of a coach just can't figure out the best usage of wingers like even a little bit.

Puljujarvi on the left wing? What the f***? For one, if you're going to put O'Connor at C, why not also just put Emil Bemstrom as C, he's actually a player that was a C that was moved to RW. He could have easily just sorted that out for a better idea of players succeeding in positions they should be playing in.

Or use a line-up that utilizes a LW where Puljujarvi should be and not throw him into a position where he's not going to look good in naturally.

The shift you've made on DOC makes me take you less serious tbh.
There is no shift on DOC, I have always seen him as a fantastic 3rd line LW, the problem you have with that is how Sullivan uses the 3rd line, if Sullivan wasn't a dipshit with how he deploys the 3rd line, you'd be fine with this.
You were with me on DOC being a piece that needed more time and he got it and was lighting it up last season and to punish Sullivan it seems like you are setting some narrative that Puustinen was better.
My take is for as many opportunities that DOC got, Puustinen should have also gotten it on the RW when this team really needed the shot in the arm. Instead you had Sullivan using Rakell in the top 6 with a badly injured shoulder that he was playing through and struggling with instead of dropping him down to the 3rd line to minimize his minutes with his injury and use Puustinen to his advantage with Geno.

Most of my disdain is mostly idiots that made it about Doc vs Puustinen, when its really more about Glass being used on the RW where he shouldn't be, over Puustinen.

Focus on that, maybe you'll understand.
DOC has been way better than Puusy at every level. AHL, their previous junior experience, etc.

I like Puusy a lot. But DOC has always been the better asset.

DOC is a better left winger than Puustinen the same way Puustinen is a better right winger than DOC.

Simple as that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Even in a pre-season game, this dipshit of a coach just can't figure out the best usage of wingers like even a little bit.

Puljujarvi on the left wing? What the f***? For one, if you're going to put O'Connor at C, why not also just put Emil Bemstrom as C, he's actually a player that was a C that was moved to RW. He could have easily just sorted that out for a better idea of players succeeding in positions they should be playing in.

Or use a line-up that utilizes a LW where Puljujarvi should be and not throw him into a position where he's not going to look good in naturally.

Puljujarvi has played far more at LW in his pro career than Bemstrom has played center. He’s also a nothing piece for the NHL team to begin with, he’s AHL scoring help.

I have a seriously hard time caring about pre-season line combinations for AHLers. I am a bit intrigued that Broz and Koivunen aren’t together, but that’s about it.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Weird that line-up was deleted.

Puljujarvi has played far more at LW in his pro career than Bemstrom has played center. He’s also a nothing piece for the NHL team to begin with, he’s AHL scoring help.

I have a seriously hard time caring about pre-season line combinations for AHLers. I am a bit intrigued that Broz and Koivunen aren’t together, but that’s about it.
I would have liked to see a 2nd line of Koivunen, Ponomarev, Puustinen or even Broz, Ponomarev, Puustinen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad