GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Nice heads up shot by Koivunen and tip by Puljujarvi. Oh look, movement results in a goal, it seems like this team’s top players love to be static while the rest move around.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think Puljujarvi meant to put that puck in like that, I think he just didn't receive the puck well :laugh:

Really nice movement on their powerplay. Broz and Koivunen were moving the puck very well on that PP, I want that duo to stick together.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Our d team powerplay is better than our a team pp lol
They had 3 quick touches and a shot on net with someone near the front - It’s not rocket science, but Sullivan & Co sure make it look that way.

Sabres have a lot of regulars in their line-up, to lose to this squad is comical if you’re Ruff.

Reactions: Pancakes

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Lol talking about weird bias and then you showing yours with Glass, yeah no logical bloke thinks Glass is going to be a 2C, especially used as a RW when he should be playing 3C to grow into something more.

Puljujarvi with the PP goal.

The point is glass had success in the top six as a 2c. Using him in the bottom six is opposite of what he has had success in the NHL in.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Hollowell tied up a Sabre's stick in front of the net. We need to break this habit. Nice work by Broz on the boards to win the puck.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I’ve liked Broz as a prospect and he just has the look of a player that will be a solid NHL’er the more experience he gets.
I was just gonna say he looks like he has NHL speed and hands so far in this one. Looked like he was making snap decisions with the puck too which I think was a weakness sometimes in the past where he'd hang on the perimeter and not be decisive enough.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I'm honestly shocked with Broz, I know he had a strong year last year with Denver but he looks miles ahead of where I thought he would be. Same way in the rookie tournament.
I think with some usage in all situations in WBS and under MacDonald, he could be an early call-up. I don’t see him struggling in WBS.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Based on the little I've seen from Blomqvist so far, it seems like a good decision that the Penguins didn't go into this year with him as the backup. He looks very raw as a goalie, he's insanely athletic but I've already noticed him scrambling and giving out leaky rebounds a couple of time.

He's going to be a very good NHL goalie in 2-3 years, though.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's not exactly a hot take to think that a guy just coming out of college that didn't light it up in college isn't expected to look as good as Broz has been so far.

Anyone watching Broz knew he had potential as a prospect.

He hasn't been "as good". He had a hot prospect camp. Nothing else.

Young Pens can not be doing this against an NHL squad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad