GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
WBS runs the same system Sullivan runs and I have no doubt Sullivan at least has some say (at this point) on what he'd like to see in WBS, or that he's getting insight from the WBS coach for what he'd want to run.

I think the best rebuttal to my argument is that "they're using Ponomarev and Puljujarvi like the 13th and 14th forwards based on the McGroarty-Ponomarev-Puljujarvi line", which I actually think is a valid thing to point out. I'm actually curious if that ends up being the case, I think Puljujarvi makes sense as one of the extras but keeping Ponomarev as a healthy scratch over playing in WBS (especially when you'd have to waive Puustinen to do that) seems bizarre.
Not arguing for or against any of your points besides calling those the WBS lines. I really think there’s not much to read into past the first 12 Fs, especially on the 1st day they put most of the NHL team together.

I would imagine if you go into years past, the Sullivan NHL camp “AHL” lines don’t resemble WBS’ lines in December. I’m too lazy to look right now so happy to be proven wrong.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That could easily break.

Dubas has focused on acquiring pieces that add size and a little more positional net front ability in Hayes, Glass and Bunting to this roster versus the usual 5’11 speedsters.
Give me a point total. How many points do you believe we will accumulate in the regular season?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I have no doubt this is absolutely the most negative board on here. It's downright embarrassing. I would say atleast 75% of 'fans' here want the team to lose every game. Like, I hate the fact I have to watch Jarry go and put up another stellar first half only to inevitably crash when it matters. But in the end I've gotta cheer him on. I'm legit surprised Sully is still here but I don't have the need to drone on about that fact every single day. And its just hypothetical ******* anyways. "why even draft a good player, Sully will Sully him." "Puusty/Poulin/insert prospect would be a 50 goal scorer if just coach X was here." Like go be a fan of another team if you are this damn miserable.

And yea btw. I believe we can.
How many points do you think we can have on the regular season?

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Drew O'Connor - Sidney Crosby - Bryan Rust
Michael Bunting - Evgeni Malkin - Rickard Rakell
Kevin Hayes - Lars Eller - Cody Glass
Anthony Beauvillier - Blake Lizotte - Noel Acciari
Jesse Puljujarvi - Up for grabs

McGroarty, Ponomarev, Puustinen, Poulin are candidates for the last spot, and that's the order I think they are in for likelihood of making it.
I’d prefer to trade Acciari to be honest. McGroarty and Ponomarwv can be sent down.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
It's unlikely but I hope the plan for the year is to sell at the deadline regardless of playoff status. You could potentially have all of Puusty, Poulin, McGoat, Pono playing in the NHL by mid season. Sell off whatever you can from the roster

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Give me a point total. How many points do you believe we will accumulate in the regular season?

I expect us to finish top 5 in the draft.

But us winning the division wouldn't shock me.

The Metro absolutely sucks ass this year.

Rakell is a candidate if he isn’t producing.

No chance anyone is taking Rakell or Rust at their term unless it's a bad contract swap.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

No chance anyone is taking Rakell or Rust at their term unless it's a bad contract swap.
Rangers and Canes should be good again. Everyone assumes the Devils will be but I mean they were real bad last year so I dunno if I'm totally sold on that happening. And the Hughes bros always have injury issues.

Could we make the playoffs? Sure. Even with Sullivan hockey if the Pens had gotten luckier on the powerplay last year they would have gotten in. A little bit of better PDO and the Pens could easily sneak in. And the Metro outside of like two teams is pretty unimpressive as you say.

I probably wouldn't put money on it but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Listen I need a point total, that's all I'm asking.

idk how many points but similar to last year. Battling somewhere in the 6-9 range in the conference. If the pp takes any leap whatsoever I don't see why not.
I need a number. Last year we finished with 88 I believe.

Rangers and Canes should be good again. Everyone assumes the Devils will be but I mean they were real bad last year so I dunno if I'm totally sold on that happening. And the Hughes bros always have injury issues.

Could we make the playoffs? Sure. Even with Sullivan hockey if the Pens had gotten luckier on the powerplay last year they would have gotten in. A little bit of better PDO and the Pens could easily sneak in. And the Metro outside of like two teams is pretty unimpressive as you say.

Point total please.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Canes are awful up front. Arguably the worst forward group after the Jackets in the Metro.

Rangers are good. But not sure they are as good as they were last year with Panarin and Trochek hitting career years.

Listen I need a point total, that's all I'm asking.

I need a number. Last year we finished with 88 I believe.

Point total please.

Why? Arguing with you is like arguing with a trash can.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The Pens aren't good, but they can still hang around the WC race because the East, outside of a few select teams, is pretty much hot coiled dogshit.

I hope pixies is right though, and this is the first of several years of top-5 picks for the team.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
User name checks out.
7I2Otqk.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Why? Arguing with you is like arguing with a trash can.
First off I was asking you a question, there was no argument. Secondly comparing me to a trash can was completely uncalled for, but ok. If you feel that way I don't expect you'll be engaging me in any further back and forth.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
The Pens aren't good, but they can still hang around the WC race because the East, outside of a few select teams, is pretty much hot coiled dogshit.

I hope pixies is right though, and this is the first of several years of top-5 picks for the team.
I'd love to see them make it one last time with this core but long term it's probably best they miss again imo. 3 straight misses might Sullivan canned and maybe theyd consider trading Rust/Pettersson etc

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This is so dumb honestly. I just knew boston dumbass sullivan already had his lines predetermined before camp even started and of course they are the most stale, boring, uninspiring lines possible. What happened to this so called influx of youth in the lineup?
Sullivan's idea of influx of youth means carrying them as the 13th or 14th forward or as the injury call-up for 5 games from WBS.

What, you thought he was actually going to play them regularly in the actual lineup?

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Not really…DK, Taylor is saying both Poulin and Puusty worked with the non NHL group at practice today…and they have an article on Puusty saying he has to score goals to stay up on the big team lol…like why is his standard scoring when Sullivan doesn’t demand that of any his bottom six players or contenders for spots? It’s ridiculous

“• The second portion of practice moved to a clear division of NHL guys on one sheet, depth guys and prospects on the other sheet. Worth noting that Puljujarvi, Ponomarev, St. Ivany, Aho, Ludvig, Shea were among the borderline guys to skate with the NHL group. Poulin and Puustinen were among those to skate on the other sheet. Nothing's set in stone and the groups change a little bit daily, but it's something to take note of.”

“He's a guy that has good offensive instincts," Mike Sullivan said of Puustinen. "He's shown an ability to score in the American League. The next step for him is he has to score some goals in the National League.”

Fine, should be the same with everyone else…this league is about who scores the most goals…if players can’t score goals, they shouldn’t play lol…but that’s actually not a standard Sullivan uses for other players.if it was, we wouldn’t be last in finishing lol
So which sheet was McRawr on?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It's unlikely but I hope the plan for the year is to sell at the deadline regardless of playoff status. You could potentially have all of Puusty, Poulin, McGoat, Pono playing in the NHL by mid season. Sell off whatever you can from the roster
I feel like I hear this same bullshit every year, and every year it never happens. We think such and such a player will be a regular by mid season, and they are always shit on and never given a shot over has-beens and never-was players.

Until the coach is fired, absolutely nothing is going to change.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From Taylor…lol…well at least Hayes isn’t with Eller

They're divided into a clear NHL group and a depth group. The only change in the groups from yesterday is Vasily Ponomarev is down with the depth group now.

Here's how the NHL guys lined up:

Anthony Beauvillier - Lars Eller - Jesse Puljujarvi (Cody Glass
rotating in)
Kevin Hayes - Blake Lizotte - Noel Acciari

Matt Grzelcyk - Kris Letang
Marcus Pettersson - Jack St. Ivany
Ryan Graves - Ryan Shea
John Ludvig - Sebastian Aho

Tristan Jarry
Alex Nedeljkovic

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

They're divided into a clear NHL group and a depth group. The only change in the groups from yesterday is Vasily Ponomarev is down with the depth group now.

rotating in)

Ryan Graves - Ryan Shea

Tristan Jarry
Alex Nedeljkovic

It's okay I guess. Reminds me why I wanted a top 6 LW this summer. And why I didn't want them to acquire depth/bottom 6 players.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's okay I guess. Reminds me why I wanted a top 6 LW this summer. And why I didn't want them to acquire depth/bottom 6 players.
This team is going to be so bad with all the vanilla borderline players who can’t score populating the ranks…I’d much rather see a line of McG-Pono-Puusty in that case lol…

who would even do that? :dunno:
Rob Rossi ?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah all things considered that's about as good as we can expect.

I'm at least relieved they aren't trying to tinker with the first and second lines too much. I mean... don't get me wrong that's still very uninspiring but they could be way worse if the coaching staff was feeling "creative."

Reactions: GoldenKnight

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

rotating in)

Ryan Graves - Ryan Shea

Tristan Jarry
Alex Nedeljkovic
Classic Sully: He gives lipservice to the youth and actual lips to the vets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad