GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I think the team would be making the right decision to have McGroarty start in the AHL and then only get called up when he's firmly top-6 ready. I'd probably call him NHL or really damn close to it right now, but I think letting him spend more time in the AHL to get even better will really help him.

We know that’s what’s going to happen. I can’t think of a single situation in the last several years where Sully went with the younger player out of camp.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, if you want to mock me at least be accurate.

You still gonna pretend you at training camp?
Because your comment is f***ing stupid, that’s why.

You want to bitch about how Glass has this pedigree and what not, sure, I don’t dislike Glass, I think he should be a C and he’s being used incorrectly imo. But don’t come at me with that stupid top 10 pick that has a higher upside bullshit and then comically compare a player to Nylander, a top 10 pick himself, which literally refutes your entire idiotic argument about pedigree and what not because unless you show it, doesn’t mean shit. Glass has gotten a lot of good usage in Nashville and at best produced like a 3C, which is fine, I think he can be a very good 3C for this team if they leave him in that spot and let him grow into it rather than dick him around like they did McCann where he was C one week, RW or LW the other, it was either keep him as Wing or keep him at Center, the issue was this team needed him to be the C more than the W and Sullivan would never commit.

Seattle did and now everyone wants to bitch about what he’s done there like he’s going to do it on the Pens, the chances are he never would have because Sullivan would have kept f***ing it up.

I see that with Glass, him as a RW is a waste of a reclamation project that was a former high pick, he’s someone that can be the 3C this team has been desperately trying to replace Bonino with since 2017 as a regular 3C.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I wanted to trade Yager for McGroarty before they made the move. Love McGroarty.

Would drive Rutger to Buffalo if I could trade McG for Benson right now. And I live in DC.

I'd trade McG and a 1st for Benson.

Because your comment is f***ing stupid, that’s why.

You want to bitch about how Glass has this pedigree and what not, sure, I don’t dislike Glass, I think he should be a C and he’s being used incorrectly imo. But don’t come at me with that stupid top 10 pick that has a higher upside bullshit and then comically compare a player to Nylander, a top 10 pick himself, which literally refutes your entire idiotic argument about pedigree and what not because unless you show it, doesn’t mean shit. Glass has gotten a lot of good usage in Nashville and at best produced like a 3C, which is fine, I think he can be a very good 3C for this team if they leave him in that spot and let him grow into it rather than dick him around like they did McCann where he was C one week, RW or LW the other, it was either keep him as Wing or keep him at Center, the issue was this team needed him to be the C more than the W and Sullivan would never commit.

Seattle did and now everyone wants to bitch about what he’s done there like he’s going to do it on the Pens, the chances are he never would have because Sullivan would have kept f***ing it up.

I see that with Glass, him as a RW is a waste of a reclamation project that was a former high pick, he’s someone that can be the 3C this team has been desperately trying to replace Bonino with since 2017 as a regular 3C.

You have an agenda against Sully.

It's fine. Just admit it.

Dude sucks. I'm with you 90% of the time.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We know that’s what’s going to happen. I can’t think of a single situation in the last several years where Sully went with the younger player out of camp.
Maybe if the Core didn't insist he be here maybe that wouldn't be a problem, blame them!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wanted to trade Yager for McGroarty before they made the move. Love McGroarty.

Would drive Rutger to Buffalo if I could trade McG for Benson right now. And I live in DC.

Yeah I didn’t mean that as in McGroarty ends up as good as Benson, but rather I think McGroarty still ends up a legit top-6 LW. Not like they whiffed on the pick and missed out on Benson.

The issue is I’m not sure McGroarty getting a bottom-6 spot out of camp is the best path for his long-term development. I think McGroarty is probably NHL ready but not top-6 ready.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I'd trade McG and a 1st for Benson.

You have an agenda against Sully.

It's fine. Just admit it.

Dude sucks. I'm with you 90% of the time.
I don’t have an agenda with Sullivan, I have an issue with how he ignores how to put players in positions to succeed and has routinely ignored how these players are used in better situations on other teams and tries to fit them into roles he wants them in without understanding how its not a good fit and won’t work and when it doesn’t, this board claims those players are shit because of it.

If you haven’t seen that, that’s not a me problem, that’s a you aren’t paying attention problem.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
To act as if Benson is some world beater is a bit of a stretch, I liked him last year myself, but come on!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don’t have an agenda with Sullivan, I have an issue with how he ignores how to put players in positions to succeed and has routinely ignored how these players are used in better situations on other teams and tries to fit them into roles he wants them in without understanding how its not a good fit and won’t work and when it doesn’t, this board claims those players are shit because of it.

If you haven’t seen that, that’s not a me problem, that’s a you aren’t paying attention problem.

Glass's success in the NHL has come in top six and PP situations.

The same argument you are making for Big Puusy is Glass's.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yeah I didn’t mean that as in McGroarty ends up as good as Benson, but rather I think McGroarty still ends up a legit top-6 LW. Not like they whiffed on the pick and missed out on Benson.
Idk how they clearly liked Benson so much and then went and took Yager.

Really wanted Moore there once Benson went.

Oh well. McGroarty is a solid outcome so far.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Dubas better hope there’s a lot of injuries to other teams so he can off load some of these idiotic veteran contracts and minimize these options for Sullivan.

I don’t mind seeing McGroarty getting a bunch of games to start the season, then send him down to build off of it, unless of course he just shows he belongs and then there’s no need.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think the team would be making the right decision to have McGroarty start in the AHL and then only get called up when he's firmly top-6 ready. I'd probably call him NHL or really damn close to it right now, but I think letting him spend more time in the AHL to get even better will really help him.
This seems likely. The players that can be sent down will be. They won’t waive guys if they don’t have to. Poulin & Puustinen are likely to get claimed.

McG is the first call-up, Pono second.

You’d hate to lose a viable prospect just to get a longer look at Glass or Puljujarvi, who probably are just stop-gaps and won’t be back next year anyway. Not good asset management if nothing else.

McGroarty also has a higher cap hit due to being a high pick on ELC. Not that they’re up against it or don’t have the money but if they can keep him from hitting bonuses or save a little they will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad