Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
This is the right decision, even if it's 2 games early. No point in keep letting him keep struggling and have his confidence hurt even more. He can still work on a lot of different things down there.
I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did but that might be for the best in the long haul.

I don't think he's nearly as good on the wing as he is at C but at least these 7 games should give him a good idea of what it takes to play well in the NHL.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
All eyes are on John Gibson in Anaheim as he’s set to return from an appendectomy. Carolina was close to trading for the goalie in the off-season but the deal fell through. With Colorado, Detroit and Pittsburgh all having early issues in net, look for the Gibson market to heat up. He has two more years at $6.4 million (U.S.) on his deal, and it sounds like Ducks GM Pat Verbeek is willing to eat significant money on the contract providing he gets a top asset in return.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If Seattle is out of it at the deadline I wonder how much it would cost to get Gourde @50%.

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Colton - Mitts - Mikko
Lehky - Gourde - Landy

That would be a simply insane Top 9. And with Kovalenko and LOC still on the 4th line.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If Seattle is out of it at the deadline I wonder how much it would cost to get Gourde @50%.

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Colton - Mitts - Mikko
Lehky - Gourde - Landy

That would be a simply insane Top 9. And with Kovalenko and LOC still on the 4th line.

Was Gourde on the 4th line Tuesday? Is their center depth that good, or is Gourde just not that good anymore?

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I really don't think you do... when with Drouin and Rants, he does great and neither of them are grindy types. I really think MacK can succeed with most any type of player at this point in his career. 6-7 years ago I don't think that was the case.
I take your point, but I think one of the great things about Drouin's game last year is that as the year went on, he transformed himself into the type of high effort player in all zones that Bednar really likes. Don't know whether this was a confidence thing or whether his game grew under Bednar and/or the circumstances of that top line with a lazy Moose on one side, but he really clicked into place the second half of the season

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Was Gourde on the 4th line Tuesday? Is their center depth that good, or is Gourde just not that good anymore?
I’m guessing a mix of both. They paid good money for Stephenson, who they want to be their 3C going forward. Ideally they want Beniers and Wright to take those top two spots but it might be a while before that happens.

Looks like they’ve tried moving Gourde up and down the lineup depending on then situation of if he’s just plain not liking the offense. I believe he starts at 4C but he doesn’t necessarily stay there.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I’m guessing a mix of both. They paid good money for Stephenson, who they want to be their 3C going forward. Ideally they want Beniers and Wright to take those top two spots but it might be a while before that happens.

Looks like they’ve tried moving Gourde up and down the lineup depending on then situation of if he’s just plain not liking the offense. I believe he starts at 4C but he doesn’t necessarily stay there.
Georgiev+ ___ for Gourde (50%)

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Drouin - Mack - Nuke
Colton - Mitts - Mikko
Lehky - Gourde - Landy

If Landeskog can play, and if Nichushkin keeps his nose off the mirror, yes that looks amazing.

Though I suspect Bednar would play Wood over Kovalenko on the 4th line.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If Landeskog can play, and if Nichushkin keeps his nose off the mirror, yes that looks amazing.

Though I suspect Bednar would play Wood over Kovalenko on the 4th line.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Kovalenko is playing higher in the lineup than Wood right now.

It might happen but I doubt it would stick.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Kovalenko starting to look a little more comfortable and confident each game. He makes some really nice quick passes, outlets, and has more patience than I anticipated. Kind of some decent playmaking skills starting to show.

Hes always been more of a playmaker with some decent hands around the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad