Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
We already kinda know that.

There is an extreme vitriol against him... I'd say even more than Wood and I kinda get it, but also kinda don't. He's an average 3C who has some fundamental issues in his game (namely he has the same IQ as my autistic dog). So he's not the type of guy that people love. But he is a useful player and if deployed right, can bring in results.

IMO this also shows that you can pretty much put any player next to MacK and find success... especially on the PP.
Anyone but Compher.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, Colton definitely has a superior release to Compher. And I'd say it's superior to Kadri as well (maybe the power is comparable but I seem to remember Kadri being a bit inaccurate).

Switching him to the wing has simplified his game quite a bit, and it doesn't hurt to put him next to the two best forwards on the team. Before that he was really wandering around aimlessly.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, Colton definitely has a superior release to Compher. And I'd say it's superior to Kadri as well (maybe the power is comparable but I seem to remember Kadri being a bit inaccurate).

Switching him to the wing has simplified his game quite a bit, and it doesn't hurt to put him next to the two best forwards on the team. Before that he was really wandering around aimlessly.
I think Colton's release is a lot quicker than Kadri's.

Always felt like Kadri had to corral it and drag to release.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Burakovsky had an absolute f***ing laser of a wrist shot. You had to turn the page on the calendar before he got it off but if he did look out. One of the few players in the league that can beat goalies clean without a screen from the circles.

I still miss him. Maybe not at his salary but he was a unique player for us and absolutely a big game player.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Bura does have a lethal shot. I just watched his OT winner in game 1 on YouTube. Great memories and possibly the best summer I had in years.

Reactions: Avs91

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Bura does have a lethal shot. I just watched his OT winner in game 1 on YouTube. Great memories and possibly the best summer I had in years.
He's also a really underrated passer. His offensive tools are elite.

He's just buttery soft and extremely perimeter.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bura was frustrating because he’d take forever to get his shot off, but he could absolutely wire that thing. Feel like he was the epitome of someone who would only shoot for corners.
It was an absolute laser but unfortunately it had a tendency to be a laser wielded by a Stormtrooper. I still crack up when I think of the time that Nate got so pissed at him at practice for missing the net continually. It worked that next game, I remember that much.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He's also a really underrated passer. His offensive tools are elite.

He's just buttery soft and extremely perimeter.
I didn't get the impression he was soft. He certainly wasn't a "gritty" guy but he wasn't Mike Ribeiro either. What I found frustrating about him were the boneheaded plays. He'd dazzle you at one moment with his talent and drive play like crazy and then cough it up at the worst possible time. He was a great get by the Avs but I'm glad they also didn't pony up the $$$ when it came time.

He is quite possibly the ultimate transition game guy. That's where he's able to shine best, get the puck moving quickly the other direction and creating scoring chances for him and his teammates.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eh I don't miss that guy at all, did anyone even notice he played last night?
Yeah, I saw him. His name popped up a few times. He's being expected to be a guy who carries a line and he can't do that. The Kraks just aren't that talented a team. Both Beniers and Wright might end up being those guys for Seattle but right now they're not good enough, and it's just a bunch of scrubs beyond that.

I don't really miss the guy but I still think he was a great find for the time he was in COL.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
We already kinda know that.

There is an extreme vitriol against him... I'd say even more than Wood and I kinda get it, but also kinda don't. He's an average 3C who has some fundamental issues in his game (namely he has the same IQ as my autistic dog). So he's not the type of guy that people love. But he is a useful player and if deployed right, can bring in results.

IMO this also shows that you can pretty much put any player next to MacK and find success... especially on the PP.

You still need a grinder who can shoot next to Mack.
I didn't get the impression he was soft. He certainly wasn't a "gritty" guy but he wasn't Mike Ribeiro either. What I found frustrating about him were the boneheaded plays. He'd dazzle you at one moment with his talent and drive play like crazy and then cough it up at the worst possible time. He was a great get by the Avs but I'm glad they also didn't pony up the $$$ when it came time.

He is quite possibly the ultimate transition game guy. That's where he's able to shine best, get the puck moving quickly the other direction and creating scoring chances for him and his teammates.

Pp2 never looked the same without him

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You still need a grinder who can shoot next to Mack.
I really don't think you do... when with Drouin and Rants, he does great and neither of them are grindy types. I really think MacK can succeed with most any type of player at this point in his career. 6-7 years ago I don't think that was the case.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

I mean the guy could do a no-look wrist shot through the net. That's pretty impressive - minus the 1000x he missed the net wide before this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad