Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah, I've been smart enough to avoid ever actually seeing it, but know what it is. Which is a life win in itself.
No, you're not supposed to game the system like that.

You hear about it when you're twelve, even though you would have been like 25, you see it with the friend who told you in like a school or a library, and you're fine after that.

You're... completely fine after that... yeah.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
What about the episode of Fear Factor that wasn’t allowed to be aired? That may have gotten me worse than 2G1C. The buddy who showed me that loved to call me and make donkey sounds or make them when he’d see me because of how I reacted to it. Eeeeeeeyyyawwwww

• Haha

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
  • Haha

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
No, you're not supposed to game the system like that.

You hear about it when you're twelve, even though you would have been like 25, you see it with the friend who told you in like a school or a library, and you're fine after that.

You're... completely fine after that... yeah.

When you see a guy vomit on two other guys in front of a laptop right after you walk in to a barracks room. That's all you need to know.

Sometimes you just gotta take the win lol.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Gibson gonna come back and be healthy, I’d take him over Blackwood. Gibson could do really well with the Avs. He’s been stuck with a bad Ducks teams for a while and still put up decent numbers. Other than the last 2 seasons, he has had 900 + save percentage with the Ducks. Give him a healthy full Avs lineup and I think he’d be great

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Seeya next year, Cal.

We need him to get a clue in the D-zone and to battle harder for pucks in the OHL before he becomes an effective regular.

Don't want him ending up as NewJostChie

He seems like a smart kid, I hope he sees what he still needs to do to become an effective NHLer. He clearly has some good tools, and gets himself in good positions, but there’s still weaknesses that are going to be the difference maker for him

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Please find a way to swap Georgiev for Gibson + retention. I would take that gamble 10/10 times. Gibson has been absolutely shelled over the past few years and is the only reason the Duck games weren't blowouts. Easy to envision a path where he has positive regression with us.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Georgiev is probably done in the NHL after this season. His contract is up and I don’t know what team will sign him. He might be heading to KHL, unless he’s willing to sign for cheap and be a back up somewhere

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
given how bad are these options, my plan would be

1- keep playing Georgiev until he is completely broken and demoralized.
2- reach Nabokov and offer him all the money he wants, in order to leave the KHL right now.
3- make an agreement with Metallurg to send them Georgiev and receive Nabokov.

profit.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
We're totally going to get the tandom that powered the juggernaut 2023-2024 Sharks!

So Friedman speculates our options may be two guys who haven't been good in 4-5 years? We're so ****ed.
To be fair, Blackwood was able to rock a .899 sv % on a massive tire fire team in San Jose last year in 44 starts.

That's actually pretty good when you consider the strength of the team.

When you compare that to Geogiev's .897 last year and we had a pretty solid team - the difference is night and day.

Those New Jersey teams his first 4 years in the league were not very good. By the time they finally improved the Defense, they had already decided to replace him with Vanecek.

I actually like Blackwood and to me his acquisition would feel a lot like Kuemper's. Big goalie on a bad team who's brought in and not asked to be a frikkin' savior but a guy who can be solid and give you a chance to win.

Don't know what the cost would be but you have to think that it would be less than Gibson with retention and less risky since Blackwood is a UFA after this season.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Georgiev is probably done in the NHL after this season. His contract is up and I don’t know what team will sign him. He might be heading to KHL, unless he’s willing to sign for cheap and be a back up somewhere
I have no problems with Georgiev being in the NHL next season. As long as it is for another team. In fact, I'd kinda of like it if another team in the Central took a chance on him next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad