Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Moving Byram was likely the correct move, but it likely should have been done earlier.

What I don't like about CMac more than anything else is this 'building' for the future while trying to win. This team has a very limited window right now (if it even is open), and we're heading the way of the Penguins here soon. Gotta be willing to really push. I don't fault last deadline because you can only make so many moves and he made a lot. It is outside that where this issue comes in. IMO CMac needs to have a really good deadline.
yes he will possibly have to sell

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I see Georgiev as a big pro scouting win. Nearly 80 wins and Vezina votes for a career back-up is massive. The failure is by management not making a change this past summer when it's been clear for a while that the wheels have fallen off.
Could be a coincidence but Georgiev fell apart the minute he didn't have a real backup behind him. It's a possibility that he put all the pressure on himself knowing that no one could help if he failed, which lead to this.

Ironically, the other goalie that I've seen with a similar issue was Francouz. He was good as long as the other guy was healthy (the only exception was the Edmonton series where he was OK). This was especially true in the Grubauer era...he was a good backup then Gru would get hurt and all of a sudden Francouz would absolutely suck. That shit really pissed me off. :laugh:

Reactions: shadow1

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Could be a coincidence but Georgiev fell apart the minute he didn't have a real backup behind him. It's a possibility that he put all the pressure on himself knowing that no one could help if he failed, which lead to this.

Ironically, the other goalie that I've seen with a similar issue was Francouz. He was good as long as the other guy was healthy (the only exception was the Edmonton series where he was OK). This was especially true in the Grubauer era...he was a good backup then Gru would get hurt and all of a sudden Francouz would absolutely suck. That shit really pissed me off. :laugh:
Frankie was more than "ok" in the Edmonton series.

Off topic but perhaps lost in the doom and gloom of this season so far is that Mittelstadt looks very, very good. A little bit quicker, a little bit better conditioning it seems, and he's playing like a legit 2C, even an upper echelon 2C.

So that's good at least 😂

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I just mean if they are out of the playoffs. Maybe Manson, Lehky and Colton and possibly Wood.
The Avs would load up instead of sell. Even with the struggles so far, the Avs are not missing the playoffs. But even if you think the Avs will miss... will they be so far out of the wild card race that they'll give up? To me it is quite the leap to think this team won't at minimum be over 90 points and in the race. With this core, while there is even a remote chance, they are buyers.

Now it can be debated if that is the smart strategy, but they aren't selling.

I do think that if the Avs fail badly again this year (meaning 2nd round exit or earlier) we are in for a summer of changes.

Reactions: Alienblood

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
The Avs would load up instead of sell. Even with the struggles so far, the Avs are not missing the playoffs. But even if you think the Avs will miss... will they be so far out of the wild card race that they'll give up? To me it is quite the leap to think this team won't at minimum be over 90 points and in the race. With this core, while there is even a remote chance, they are buyers.

Now it can be debated if that is the smart strategy, but they aren't selling.

I do think that if the Avs fail badly again this year (meaning 2nd round exit or earlier) we are in for a summer of changes.
I don't think Landy will be back anytime soon. You know the old saying about being out of the playoffs around American Thanksgiving.

I'm not expecting them to miss but it wouldn't shock me

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think Landy will be back anytime soon. You know the old saying about being out of the playoffs around American Thanksgiving.

I'm not expecting them to miss but it wouldn't shock me
We had the Blues recently win a Cup and just last year the Oilers made a run to the finals despite that old saying. I think it is clearly a myth and you can overcome bad starts with a good team. Bad teams are just bad teams.

I'd personally be shocked if the Avs missed. It would take something pretty serious and explainable to happen. Like MacK or Makar having a season ending injury or something like that.

Reactions: LOFIN

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'm not even sure the great Sea Eagles could defend this.

bf0ef4ed977c2795bc61d2a32232287f.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad