Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The Swayman situation remind me of the O'Reilly situation with Avs. They took him to arbitration and he took it personally and now they are paying the price.

Pride and respect works in different ways with different people but you have to know who are dealing with or things aren't going to end well. I know this from my own experiences.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Swayman situation remind me of the O'Reilly situation with Avs. They took him to arbitration and he took it personally and now they are paying the price.

Pride and respect works in different ways with different people but you have to know who are dealing with or things aren't going to end well. I know this from my own experiences.
But they didn't take him to arbitration. They were literally in the waiting room before the hearing and Sakic talked him into signing a deal.

If there was bad blood it was well in place long, long before that. The whole contract talks falling apart because (allegedly) Eric Lacroix went barging in and completely screwed things up, followed by the offer sheet that pretty much got people on both sides of it fired.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Swayman caved hard. All this bs drama over 250k. When the cap goes up, that 250k is gonna be nothing. Its not even normal inflation adjustment lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He got essentially what boston offered. Didnt he want to reset the goalie market lol.

He got the contract that I already stated earlier as being fair.
You said 64m was Boston’s final offer and he was screwing himself. He certainly came down from his ask, but he did well and would have lost money accepting any deal earlier.

I think the deal will be good for both, but Swayman played this well and got a better deal than he otherwise would have.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
You said 64m was Boston’s final offer and he was screwing himself. He certainly came down from his ask, but he did well and would have lost money accepting any deal earlier.

I think the deal will be good for both, but Swayman played this well and got a better deal than he otherwise would have.

All this talk about boston screwing this relationship ended up being way more wrong than being off by 250k. He ended up with boston for 8 years and didnt get an overpayment contract because he was "mad" at the disrepect. Too many drama queens overthought this.

Neely actually made a smart move going to the media about the 64M. Sped up the process just like I said.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
All this talk about boston screwing this relationship ended up being way more wrong than being off by 250k. He ended up with boston for 8 years and didnt get an overpayment contract because he was "mad" at the disrepect. Too many drama queens overthought this.

Neely actually made a smart move going to the media about the 64M. Sped up the process just like I said.
Agree on the drama queens. Cooler heads usually prevail. They just simply had to pay Swayman. Which had to be above the 64m.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Agree on the drama queens. Cooler heads usually prevail. They just simply had to pay Swayman. Which had to be above the 64m.

Yup. If Swayman was as much of drama queen as the media, it would have been lose-lose for both sides. The media, and fans of boston's rivials were probably the only ones hoping for a protracted dispute.

Glad to see him taking the smart fair deal rather than listening to the drama queens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad