Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
I have just realised that Sami Aittokallio was the second, I always thought it was Landeskog.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I do not hate Mikko. That said, he contributes little other than the snipe from the right circle, and the neat little shovel play in the crease ( which is mostly Nate, Drouin or Makar doing the heavy lifting with a great pass.) Mikko is simply too expensive. Like @niwotsblessing I grew up with the Islander dynasty. They already had Bossy, Trottier and Gillies on the first line, but went and got Butch Goring - a first liner elsewhare - for the second line, damn the cost of doing it, because there was no salary cap. The late Pierre LaCroix also made acquisitions look easy due to the lack of Salary Cap. Even at $92.5, there isn't any room for a decent bottom 6 ( and they might as well just not have a 4th line) with Mikko anywhere above $11M x 8.

Totally fine to have a different opinion on Mikko. Happy to hear a different perspective, and don't want you to think I take issue with that, or think you hate him.

But, I think it's fair to point out that Mikko has more than two shots, the one timer, and the shovel play. Also, his one timer, he's actually very good at finishing, even when the pass isn't in his wheel house. One of the best in that area IMO, and much better than Nate for example, who usually does need a perfect pass, or he doesn't take it.

He's scored quite a few goals just off straight wrist shots from the slot/circles. He didn't use it much last year, but he's also great at delaying his release to get the goalie to freeze, and then firing a quick hard wrister five hole, or when the goalie drops early, firing a shot bar or post and in on wrist shots.

Another big part of his offensive contribution is his passing ability, which is underrated IMO, and helps Nate out a lot in the O zone. He's got very good vision and passing skills. Especially passing from down low. We've seen a fair amount of nice sauce passes, and passes between legs and sticks, for goals over the years.

He also added a new aspect to his offensive contribution last year in Gabe's absence, which is to be the setup guy in the neutral zone, to slow the play down, and then hit Nate with a pass in full stride. This was a big part of Landy's contribution before, but Mikko was able to fill this role in his absence, and this, and his other playmaking skills helped contribute to Nate Hart trophy season.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Totally fine to have a different opinion on Mikko. Happy to hear a different perspective, and don't want you to think I take issue with that, or think you hate him.

But, I think it's fair to point out that Mikko has more than two shots, the one timer, and the shovel play. Also, his one timer, he's actually very good at finishing, even when the pass isn't in his wheel house. One of the best in that area IMO, and much better than Nate for example, who usually does need a perfect pass, or he doesn't take it.

He's scored quite a few goals just off straight wrist shots from the slot/circles. He didn't use it much last year, but he's also great at delaying his release to get the goalie to freeze, and then firing a quick hard wrister five hole, or when the goalie drops early, firing a shot bar or post and in on wrist shots.

Another big part of his offensive contribution is his passing ability, which is underrated IMO, and helps Nate out a lot in the O zone. He's got very good vision and passing skills. Especially passing from down low. We've seen a fair amount of nice sauce passes, and passes between legs and sticks, for goals over the years.

He also added a new aspect to his offensive contribution last year in Gabe's absence, which is to be the setup guy in the neutral zone, to slow the play down, and then hit Nate with a pass in full stride. This was a big part of Landy's contribution before, but Mikko was able to fill this role in his absence, and this, and his other playmaking skills helped contribute to Nate Hart trophy season.
Mikko might also be one of the best tight angle shooters in the league.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Mikko might also be one of the best tight angle shooters in the league.
Also, I for one can say I learned my lesson about complaining anytime he might have fumbled with a received pass on the power play. When he was hurt and they put Burakovsky in his place, holy crap he made Mikko look like hockey's version of Jerry Rice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad