Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
He’s better… the difference was very clear last season.

He’s definitely up there. Only thing holding him back has been number of games and that is due to platooning. Just be patient, you’ll see he’s in that same realm as Shesty and Vasi.

Agree to disagree here. Would love for him to become what you think he will be though. As long as its out east lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Agree to disagree here. Would love for him to become what you think he will be though. As long as its out east lol.
It'll be clear shortly. All of his advanced and not advanced stats rank with the very best in the game... regular season and playoffs. Only reason he's not viewed that way is because he platooned with Ullmark. Regular season of Helly, playoffs of Shesty... that's the level of guy he is.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
It'll be clear shortly. All of his advanced and not advanced stats rank with the very best in the game... regular season and playoffs. Only reason he's not viewed that way is because he platooned with Ullmark. Regular season of Helly, playoffs of Shesty... that's the level of guy he is.

Nothing screams much better than Ulmark to me.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nothing screams much better than Ulmark to me.
1727819876661.png

1727820019842.png

So the numbers don't look radically different here but I'd say you need to look at that Expected Fenwick Save % (xFSv) on the left. That indicates the Bruins tightened things up when Ullmark was out there (at least at even strength) as opposed to Swayman, which isn't unheard of.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ullmark won the Vezina in 2023 and Swayman has played a total of 132 games in the NHL. In his whole career. They had very similar numbers and my theory is the Bruins style has been very good for their goalies, similar to the best Avs seasons when they made their goalies look much better than they actually were.

I'm curious to see how Ullmark will do behind Ottawa's defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad