Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Mikko can't cover up holes on this team the way Swayman would be able to.
I agree with that. Just the value of goalies isn’t super high in a move like that.

IMO there is merit to the idea of having an elite goalie, let MacK do whatever he wants and then highly structured defensive oriented elsewhere. The Torts in Columbus stuff. Let Bread be Bread. Have Bob bail out. The rest of the team checks as hard as they can. That won’t happen under this management though… they clearly don’t go after players like that. Especially high end goalies. They want to get by on the minimum there.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Mikko can't cover up holes on this team the way Swayman would be able to.

Swayman cant cover up anyt
Boston needs an elite goalie because they don't have enough depth anymore. They aren't built to win without great goaltending.

We've seen things play out in the media before like this. We're heading down the path of ~68-70m with heavy signing bonuses.

I do think Swayman would cover up a lot of the issues here, and I'd welcome him with open arms. That is just a lot to give up.

I dont think Swayman has proven to be elite and Bruins have proven they needed elite goaltending. Ulmark isnt elite, has won a vezina over swayman and got traded for a backup that people thinks cant be good for the 20 games that Swayman would sit (if hes stupid).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I was going to ask if Biz is just doing a bit or he's getting it from somewhere and it seems it's clearly got either Swayman or the agent feeding him.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
It wouldn’t surprise me to see Swayman accept $8m AAV from another team, but at this point his camp simply feel disrespected by the Bruins and aren’t going to budge an inch.

Arbitration, reluctance to offer long term initially, today Cam openly saying the number and suggesting he would’ve signed it if he was in those shoes… yeah, f*** you Boston.
What if Swayman becomes someone like Patrick Roy who would refuse playing for that club and requests a trade. What if Swayman feels that he can win multiple of cups in Colorado and requests a trade to Colorado. That kind of reminds me Roy trade, wishful thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad