Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I think with no Nuke, Landy and Lehky, which is definitely possible, we could see Ritchie and/or Innala on the 2nd line. Kovy too but I think he's maybe more likely on the bottom six. There's just not a lot of extra skill guys to jump in.

I keep wondering if maybe they look at Kessel, but I don't think anyone has any idea what kind of shape he is at this point.

NottinghamPanther

Oct 9, 2020
I think with no Nuke, Landy and Lehky, which is definitely possible, we could see Ritchie and/or Innala on the 2nd line. Kovy too but I think he's maybe more likely on the bottom six. There's just not a lot of extra skill guys to jump in.

I keep wondering if maybe they look at Kessel, but I don't think anyone has any idea what kind of shape he is at this point.
I think we can safely assume that shape is 'round'

Reactions: Gumballhead

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Lehky might not be ready to start, but given where we've seen him at already I dont imagine he's out for all that long.

I'd put money on Ritchie getting his 9-game stint and he'll be the one that "comes in" for Lehky for now.

I put it in quotation because while I think Ritchie will be the guy that enters the lineup, I'd bet Colton is the one who moves up into the Top 6 and Ritchie will be the 3C.... So we probably look at something like:

Drouin - Mack - Mikko
Colton - Mitts - Kovalenko
Wood - Ritchie - LOC
Kivi - PEB - Kelly

Personally I would swap Mikko and Colton though, but we know Mack/Mikko are gonna be together almost certainly.

Reactions: missionAvs

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
what’s the deal with the new CHL/NCAA rules? Has that already come into place? Can the Kroenke’s just slip DU some dough and have Ritchie play this year with them lol?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
what’s the deal with the new CHL/NCAA rules? Has that already come into place? Can the Kroenke’s just slip DU some dough and have Ritchie play this year with them lol?
Nothing is official yet. A lawsuit has been filed and has not been resolved yet (though it’ll end with CHL players eligible somehow, someway). Still Ritchie will have to complete his CHL deal to be eligible to move over to the NCAA. Which he still has a year left. So earliest would be next season.

Also if we want this to play out, we need Mizzou to get a hockey team.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Nothing is official yet. A lawsuit has been filed and has not been resolved yet (though it’ll end with CHL players eligible somehow, someway). Still Ritchie will have to complete his CHL deal to be eligible to move over to the NCAA. Which he still has a year left. So earliest would be next season.

Also if we want this to play out, we need Mizzou to get a hockey team.
Ok makes sense. They have to play out their eligibility. I guess if that wasn’t the case this would never get approved because the NCAA would just become AHL 2.0 lol.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wonder how this will affect UFA rules. Can an unsigned CHL player move to the NCAA and become UFA instead of re-entering the draft?

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I just don't think he's that good. No offense whatsoever and he's hardly an elite shutdown defender. He's just...really big. That's a lot to be paying a middle-pairing guy who's merely "good" on his best day.

Building around guys like this is a huge reason why Seattle remains inept offensively.
Sounds like EJ?

AvsFan4

Jul 18, 2024
JVR to CBJ and LaBanc to NJ. Still holding out hope for a Clutterbuck PTO. A 4th of Kelly-Bellemare-Clutterbuck to start the year wouldn’t be bad (as long as you don’t look at the 2nd and 3rd lines with no Landy, Lehky, or Nuke).

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The San Jose Sharks beat out trade offers from four main competitors to get Yaroslav Askarov last month: the Carolina Hurricanes, Montreal Canadiens, Colorado Avalanche and Philadelphia Flyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad