Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
The 40-50 games is overblown. He's had a few fluke injuries and went into the player assistance program - don't get me wrong he's had a rough couple of years and was a bit of of an enigma prior, but I'd bet on him playing 65+ games and being near .75-1 PPG.

I get why teams weren't lining up for him, but when you get a 2nd and a potential 40 goal scorer for Jordan Harris... I donno what else to say.

I just don't think a lot of teams are wanting to take on that contract with that many question marks. It's not like there's a ton of term left on it, but enough that you might not want to throw a hope and a prayer up

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Anyone should have been able to predict this as soon as the Saros extension was handed out. Not sure what the Preds are waiting for, the situation will only get more ugly the longer it takes.

I don't blame Askarov at all. He clearly should not be in the AHL anymore.
Preds probably wont trade him within the division or maybe even the whole Western Conference. In the East many teams have decent starters and only a few teams might be interested. I heard that Askarov ceiling is pretty high.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Just yesterday I heard a goalie expert on local radio saying there’s a decent chance that Askarov is the next Vasi/Shesterkin.
Holly Cow Bathazar, I would be all over it if I was an Avs GM. You can then easly trade Georgiev to teams like Yotes, Sharks or maybe there is a team in Canada that would maybe want Georgie.

We would probably need to give up someone like Richie and some other prospect or a pick. I cant even remember the last time that we traded something with Preds.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
We traded with the Preds at the deadline :laugh:
I think we can agree this is a different scenario.
Them trading us a rental bottom 6 forward is slightly different than trading a potential future starting goalie.

It’s not to say that they wouldn’t trade him here under any circumstances, but we’d very clearly need to be offering the best package.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Man I really hope the Avs make an offer for Askarov. He's got the type of athletic ability to be another Shesterkin/Saros, and he's under team control for the foreseeable future. I'd gladly overpay, but that's just me. Cost controlled goalies are so valuable.

Reactions: arun and xAvsx89

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
One thing I think people very quickly overlook... Askarov was not the starting goalie in MIlwaukee for the playoffs. Dude clearly has talent, but to this point, he has not lived up to the hype that exists. Nor is he anywhere near a sure thing.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I guess EJ will be back by the deadline ! Also Helm and Cogs will come out of retirement :sarcasm:

Is that Cogs back there looking like Slim Pickens?

I can imagine Nate's disgust when they brought out the wedding cake.
They brought him a wedding carrot. Also, Nate would consider attending any wedding with kale.

Got an operation on my torn achilles tendon yesterday. Truly cant wait for hockey to finally start.
Talk to the trainers yet? Best of luck with your recovery!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad